Lara Dutta (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Lara Dutta is an Indian actress, model and beauty pageant winner who was Miss Intercontinental 1997 and Miss Universe 2000. She was the second woman from India to be crowned Miss Universe, and has been the only delegate from India to win the crown since. She debuted in Bollywood in the year 2003 with Andaaz, which was a box office success and won her a Filmfare Best Female Debut Award. Dutta’s top grossing films have been Masti (2004), Kaal (2005), No Entry (2005), Bhagam Bhag (2006), Partner (2007), Housefull (2010), Don 2 (2011) and Singh Is Bliing (2015).
Name: Lara Dutta Bhupathi
Profession: Actress, Model
DOB: April 16, 1978
Birth Place: Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
Home Town: Bengaluru
Home Address: Bandra, Mumbai
Best Friends: Priyanka Chopra, Akshay Kumar
Hobbies: Adventure sports like bungee jumping, para-gliding, cooking, water rafting
Debut Work: Andaaz (2003)
Movies: Kaal (2005), No Entry (2005), Bhagam Bhag (2006), Partner (2007), Housefull (2010), Don 2 (2011) and Singh Is Bliing (2015)
TV Serials: Miss Diva Universe (host), Miss Universe Pageant
Height: 173 centimetres
Weight: 60 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Mahesh Bhupathi (Tennis player)
BF: Kelly Dorji, Derek Jeter, Tiger Woods, Dino Morea
Father: L.K. Dutta (Retired Wing Commander)
Mother: Jennifer Dutta
Sisters: Sabrina (in the Indian Air Force), Cheryl
School: St. Francis Xavier Girls’ High School, Bengaluru, Frank Anthony Public School, Bengaluru
College (Graduation): University of Mumbai, Mumbai
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: Degree in Economics and Communications
Cars: Audi A8, Mercedes Benz E-Class, Fiat-500-e
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: various properties in Mumbai, India
Movies: 3-4 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Known
Net Income: $8 million (estimate)
Film: Sholay, Gone with the Wind, 1942 – A Love Story
Actor: Shah Rukh Khan, Sanjeev Kumar and Nana Patekar
Actress: Madhuri Dixit and Vyjayanthimala
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Lara Dutta
- She scored the highest possible marks in the history of the Miss Universe Contest. After this she was crowned Miss Universe 2000.
- Lara is fluent in both Hindi and English.
- After completing her Miss Universe commitments, she received several offers from Bollywood movie makers, and starred in Andaaz in 2003, which won her considerable recognition, and she subsequently won the best female debut award from Femina.
- Although most of her movies failed to make it big at the box office, she did become popular among the public.
- She is also known for her sense of humor, and a talent for writing. She is planning on writing scripts and hopes that one day someone from Bollywood will make flicks out of them.
- She was offered a role in The Matrix Reloaded (2003) and Matrix Revolutions (2003), but turned the part down because she didn’t like the script much.
- She had a public issue when the leading fashion magazine “Gladrags” allegedly used her photographs for a forthcoming modeling contest without her permission Lara has filed a suit in the Bombay High Court.
- She has won Gladrags Supermodel Contest 1995, Miss India 2000 and Miss Universe 2000.
- She got married to Mahesh Bhupathi on February 16th, 2011 in a civil ceremony in Bandra, followed by a Christian ceremony on February 20th at Sunset Point in Goa, India.
- She gave birth at age of 33.
- She was to debut in a B grade film based on AIDS in the year 2000. After shooting for two months he dropped her from the film because he thought she was a bad actress.
- She is cousin of International DJ and composer Nitin Sawhney.
- She starred in Percept Pictures shelved film “Amarjeet”.
- She signed Jackie Chan’s The Myth but chose to abandon it due to the nudity scene.
- Lara Dutta travelled to New Zealand and Fiji along with Kunal Kapoor in 2005.
- In 2005, Sania Mirza and Dutta both participated in Kaun Banega Crorepati on 13 November 2005.
- Her release Partner became a “Blockbuster” in India and became the third biggest grosser of the year. She made a special appearance in Om Shanti Om.
- Lara Dutta is active in yoga, and offers a number of videos on YouTube, particularly for pre-natal yoga.