Katrina Kaif (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Katrina Kaif is a British actress who works in Bollywood films and is among the country’s highest-paid actresses. After performing in Malliswari (2004) she became successful in Bollywood with Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya? (2005) and Namastey London (2007). Kaif’s highest-grossing films are Ek Tha Tiger (2012) and Tiger Zinda Hai (2017) and Dhoom 3 (2013).
Name: Katrina Kaif
Nickname: Kat, Katy, Katz and Sambo
Profession: Actress and Model
DOB: July 16, 1984
Birth Place: Hong Kong
Home Town: London, United Kingdom
Home Address: B-09 & G-10, Ground Floor, Mourya House, New Link Road, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Best Friends: Anushka Sharma, Karan Johar, Ranbir Kapoor
Hobbies: Travelling, playing chess, painting, dancing and reading
Debut Work: Boom (2003)
Movies: New York (2009), Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009), Raajneeti (2010), Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011), Mere Brother Ki Dulhan (2011), Ek Tha Tiger (2012), Dhoom 3 (2013)
TV Serials: Not Applicable
Katrina Kaif in Jagga Jasoos
Imaeg Credit: Disney India
Height: 174 centimetres
Weight: 65 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Husband: Not Applicable
BF: Salman Khan (Actor) (Ex-Boyfriend), Ranbir Kapoor (Actor) (Ex-Boyfriend)
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: Mohammed Kaif
Mother: Suzanne Turquotte
Brother/ Sisters: Michael Kaif, Stephanie, Christine, Natasha, Melissa, Sonia and Isabel
School: Home schooling with correspondence courses
College (Graduation): Not Attended
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: Home Schooled
Cars: Audi Q7, Audi Q3, an SUV
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: Various lavish properties in Mumbai and London
Movies: 6 Crore rupees /film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Applicable
Net Income: $18.3 million (estimate)
Film: Man of La Mancha (1972), Gone with the Wind (1939), Singin’ in the Rain (1952), The Sound of Music (1965), Ben-Hur (1959), Casablanca (1942), La Vie en Rose (2007), Inside Out (2015), Deadpool (2016), Mughal-E-Azam (1960), Umrao Jaan (1981), Chandni (1989), Tere Naam (2003), Guru (2007), Jab We Met (2007), Kaminey (2009), Paa (2009), Udta Punjab (2016), Namastey London (2007) and Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011)
Actor: Robert Pattinson, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp, Ryan Reynolds, Clark Gable, Charlton Heston, Salman Khan, Rishi Kapoor, Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan and Aamir Khan
Actress: Penelope Cruz, Madhuri Dixit and Kajol
Song: Teri Or (Singh is Kingg), Music of Muse, Radiohead and Coldplay
More Information and Facts about Katrina Kaif
- Katrina Kaif is one of eight siblings, 7 girls and 1 boy, from a mother who is a Caucasian of British Nationality, and a father who was formerly from Kashmir, India, but now has British citizenship. Her mother is now in Chennai.
- Kaif won a beauty contest in Hawaii when she was 14, and received her first modelling assignment in a jewellery campaign. She then modelled professionally in London, working for freelance agencies and appearing often at London Fashion Week. She received offers from LG, Cola, Fevicol, Lakme, & Veet. It was the Lakme commercial that got her noticed.
- Although her first movie Boom (2003) was criticized by the critics and rejected by the audiences, two other Telugu movies Malliswari (2004) and Allari Pidugu (2005) did get her noticed. She grossed 70 Lakh Rupees for Malliswari (2004) – making her top the list of the highest paid actresses during a South Indian movie debut.
- Katrina Kaif’s mother is Christian and her father is Muslim. Consequently, Kaif was brought up to practice all faiths. According to The Times of India, she visits Siddhivinayak Temple, Mount Mary Church and the Sufi shrine Ajmer Sharif Dargah before her films are released.
- Kaif walked the ramp for charity as part of Salman Khan’s “Being Human” show. She recorded Rhyme Skool, an album of nursery rhymes composed by A. R. Rahman to gather money for a school. In 2011, Kaif visited the Cancer Patients Aid Association to gift cancer survivors and increase public awareness of breast and cervical cancer.
- Kaif was named the “World’s Sexiest Woman” by FHM India five times and appeared on Verve’s list of most powerful women in 2009 and 2010. What’s more, the UK magazine Eastern Eye called her the “Sexiest Asian Woman” in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2013. Kaif was The Times of India’s “Most Desirable Woman” in 2010. People’s Indian edition described her as “India’s Most Beautiful Woman” in 2011 and she also topped Maxim India’s “Hot 100” poll.
- Kaif is a celebrity representative for brands such as Slice, Nakshatra, Lux, Panasonic, Lakmé and L’Oréal. She was ranked by The Economic Times as India’s second most prominent endorser in 2012. Hindustan Times reported in 2014 that she received ₹50 million-₹60 million for each endorsement, making her, in turn, one of India’s highest-paid celebrity endorsers.
- In 2015, her statue was installed at Madame Tussauds in London, making Kaif the eighth Bollywood actor to have a wax figure installed there.
- She is the first Bollywood star to be featured in Peruvian photographer Mario Testino’s Towel Series.
Featured Image: Katrina Kaif in Singh is King
Featured Image Source: Singh is King