Karisma Kapoor (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Karisma Kapoor is a Bollywood actress and remarkably, one of the most popular and highest-paid Indian actresses. Kapoor is predominantly known for her work in films concentrating on the female character and her roles have been recognized as a significant departure from the traditional depiction of women in Hindi films. Kapoor is the recipient of several honours, including a National Film Award and four Filmfare Awards. Born into Kapoor family, Karisma Kapoor made her film debut with Prem Qaidi (1991). Her next big hit was Anari (1993).
Name: Karisma Kapoor
DOB: June 25, 1974
Birth Place: Bombay, Maharashtra, India
Home Town: Bombay, Maharashtra, India
Home Address: 2B, Excellency, 1101 and 1201, 4th Cross Road, Lokhandwala Complex, Juhu, Mumbai
Best Friends: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
Hobbies: Horse riding, power yoga, reading and swimming
Debut Work: Prem Qaidi (1991)
Movies: Dil To Pagal HaI (1997), Zubeidaa (2001), Fiza (2000), Raja Hindustani (1996)
TV Serials: Karishma
Height: 163 centimetres
Weight: 53 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Sanjay Kapur (2003–2014) (Businessman)
BF: Ajay Devgan (Actor), Abhishek Bachchan (Actor), Sandeep Toshniwal (Businessman)
Kids: Samiera Kapoor, Kiaan Raj Kapoor
Father: Randhir Kapoor (Actor)
Mother: Babita (Actress)
Sister: Kareena Kapoor (Actress)
School: The Cathedral & John Connon School, Mumbai
College (Graduation): Sophia College, Mumbai
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: High School
Cars: Rolls Royce Ghost, Audi Q7, Mercedes Benz
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: Several properties in Mumbai
Movies: 10 Crore rupees/ film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Applicable
Net Income:$12 million(estimate)
Film: Mr. India
Actor: Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan and Brad Pitt
Actress: Nargis and Meena Kumari
Song: Music of 60’s
More Information and Facts about Karisma Kapoor
- Karisma began appearing on the silver screen during 1991 to date, with a total of over 60 movies to her acclaim. She has also lent her voice in Papi Gudia (1996). So far she has bagged 10 awards for her performance in Dil To Pagal Hai (1997), Raja Hindustani (1996), Fiza (2000), and Zubeidaa (2001).
- She had a series of hit comedies between 1994 and 1997 starting with Raja Babu (1994) and ending with Hero No. 1 (1997) with Govinda and director David Dhawan. She hit the big time with the super success of Raja Hindustani (1996) and further consolidated her career with Dil To Pagal Hai (1997). Today she is the foremost mega-star of Hindi cinema leaving her contemporaries like Manisha Koirala and Raveena Tandon far behind. In Fiza (2000) she surprised many with an outstanding performance showing great emotional variety and depth.
- Her green eyes are the characteristic of the Kapoor family. She was the first woman and the fifth generation in the Kapoor’s circle to have green eyes.
- She had her own TV series on Sahara TV called “Karishma.” She played three different roles.
- Despite her family background, her father condemnedwomen working in films, because he believed it conflicted with the traditional maternal obligations and responsibility of women in the family which led to a conflict between her parents and they separated in 1988. Her mother worked several jobs to raise them, until she made her debut in films as an actress.
- Kapoor has been involved in different charitable organizations and has particularly supported women’s causes in India. Kapoor backs Salman Khan’s Being Human Foundation. In 2005, Kapoor performed at the HELP! Telethon Concert, raising money for the victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake. In 2010 she walked at the HDIL India Couture Week, for a charity cause. Kapoor was a goodwill ambassador for Pinkathon 2012 for breast cancer awareness.
- Kapoor is also a celebrity endorser for many brands, including Kellogg’s, Crescent Lawn, Admix Retail, Danone and Garnier Colour.
- She walked the runway for such designers as Manish Malhotra, Arpita Mehta, and Vikram Phadnis.
- The Heartthrobs: Live in Concert was successfully performed across the United States and Canada of which she was a part. In 2016, Kapoor participated in the Hiru Golden Film Awards in Sri Lanka as a special guest along with several other Bollywood actors.
- At the top of her career, she was one of Hindi cinema’s most renowned and highest-paid actresses. She was considered by the media one of the most popular Bollywood celebrities in India. The UK magazine Eastern Eye ranked her as one of “Asia’s Sexiest Women” in 2002. Also, she appeared on Box Office India’s list of three “Top Actresses” for five consecutive years and ranked first, as well. She topped Rediff.com’s annual listing of the “Top Bollywood Actresses”. Kapoor has featured on Forbes India’s “Celebrity 100”.
- As of 2016, her films have grossed over ₹25 billion with eight of them making more than ₹1 billion. Kapoor first appeared on the Indian rich list published annually in the Business Review Weekly with an estimated net worth of ₹510 million.