Kareena Kapoor Khan (Actor) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Kareena Kapoor, now Kareena Kapoor Khan, is an Indian actress who performs in Bollywood films. Kapoor is the recipient of several awards, including six Filmfare Awards, and is one of Bollywood’s most popular and highest-paid actresses.Her film debut was with Refugee (2000). She went on to appear in 31 other Hindi movies. Kapoor established herself in Hindi cinema with characters in the Ashoka (2001) and Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham… (2001).
Name: Kareena Kapoor Khan
DOB: September 21, 1980
Birth Place: Bombay, Maharashtra, India
Home Town: Bombay, Maharashtra, India
Home Address:Fortune Heights, 29th Road, Bandra West, Mumbai – 400050
Best Friends: Amrita Arora, Karan Johar
Hobbies: Reading, Swimming and Yoga
Debut Work: Refugee (2000)
Movies: Chef (2017), Ki and Ka (2016), Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015), Gabbar Is Back (2015), Singh Is Bliing (2015), Happy Ending (2014), Singham Returns (2014), Gori Tere Pyaar Mein (2013), Satyagraha (2013), Agent Vinod (2012), Dabangg 2 (2012), Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu (2012)
TV Serials: Not Applicable
Height: 163 centimetres
Weight: 55 kilograms
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Kareena Kapoor Khan with family
Image Source: Instagram/ Kareena Kapoor Khan
School: Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai and Welham Girls’ School, Dehradun
College (Graduation): Mithibai College, Mumbai (dropped), registered for a 3-month microcomputer’s course in Harvard University, US, studied in Government Law College in Mumbai
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: High School
Cars: BMW 7 series car and a Lexus LX 470
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: A 4 floors duplex in Bandra, Mumbai and several other properties in India and overseas
Movies: 10 crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Applicable
Net Income: $10 million (estimate)
Film: Awaara, Sangam, Bobby, Kal Aaj Aur Kal, Breakfast At Tiffany’s, Cat On A Hot Tin Roof, Love Story, Ben Hur
Actor: Raj Kapoor and Shah Rukh Khan
Actress: Kajol, Nargis, Meena Kumari
Song: 60’s music, Mehka Karenge (Mamta),Rahe Na Rahe Hum Mehaka Karenge, Tujhse Naraaz Nahin Zindagi (Masoom)
More Information and Facts about Kareena Kapoor Khan
• Kareena Kapoor played the role of a sex worker in the drama Chameli for which she earned wide critical recognition. Also, she was praised for her portrayal of a riot victim in the 2004 drama Dev and a character based on William Shakespeare’s heroine Desdemona in the 2006 crime film Omkara. She received Filmfare Awards for Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress for her performances in Jab We Met (2007) and We Are Family (2010), respectively.
• Kapoor attained further success in two of India’s top-grossing productions 3 Idiots (2009) and Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015) and was also praised for her roles in the Kurbaan (2009) and Heroine (2012).
• She has a name for being outspoken and assertive, and is recognised for her contributions to the film industry through her fashion style and film roles.
• In addition to film acting, Kapoor is a stage performer and has contributed as a co-author to three books: an autobiographical memoir and two nutrition guides. One of them is titled‘Don’t Lose Your Mind, Lose Your Weight’. Then, there is a nutrition documentary named The Indian Food Wisdom and The Art of Eating Right.
• She has also launched her own clothing line in association with the retail chain Globus. Kapoor became the first Indian actress to launch her own line of clothing for women.
• The name “Kareena” was derived from the book Anna Karenina, which her mother read while she was pregnant with her.
• She is of Punjabi lineage on her father’s side, and on her mother’s side she is of Sindhi and British lineage. When she was younger, Kapoor frequently practised Hinduism with her family, but was also exposed to Christianity from her mother.
• Kareena Kapoor was cast as the female lead in Rakesh Roshan’s Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai (2000) opposite his son, Hrithik Roshan but soon, she abandoned the project as she felt that more importance was given to Hrithik.
• Kapoor was cast in Sabbir Khan’s comedy Kambakkht Ishq, opposite Akshay Kumar and was set in Los Angeles. It was the first Indian film to be shot at Universal Studios and featured cameo appearances by Hollywood actors.Although the film was poorly received by critics, it became a monetary success, earning over ₹840 million worldwide.
• Kapoor has been actively involved in promoting children’s education and the safety of women. She took part in the international campaign 1GOAL Education for All, and was appointed ambassador for the Shakti Campaign which is a project launched by NDTV to battle violence against women. Later, Kapoor also launched Channel V’s anti-rape mobile app ‘VithU’.
• Kapoor began working with UNICEF to advocate the education of girls and increase quality based education in India.Kapoor hosted a charity dinner to help raise awareness for the development of underprivileged kids, and launched the ‘Child-Friendly School and Systems’ (CFSS) package. She also donated an equivalent amount of the funds raised during a joint initiative by UNICEF and Groupon to achieve an improved learning environment in Indian schools.
• She is also known to have given out awards for contribution towards the field of education in Chhattisgarh during the Child Rights Protection week. Kapoor did a voice-over for the documentary film Girl Rising: Woh Padhegi, Woh Udegi and produced a documentary on women’s empowerment. She has also spoken at an event organised by UNICEF in Lucknow in an attempt to promote menstrual hygiene management.
• She became the only Indian actress to be featured on CNNGo’s list of “Who Mattered Most in India”, and was later selected by Verve for its list of the country’s most powerful women from 2008 to 2013.
• In June 2010, Kapoor was named “India’s Most Beautiful Woman” by the Indian edition of People magazine. Furthermore, Eastern Eye and Indian Maxim named her as “Asia’s Sexiest Woman” and “India’s Hottest Woman” in 2011 and 2012 respectively. In 2013, she was selected by India Today for its list of the country’s most influential women. From 2012–16, Kapoor has featured on Forbes India’s “Celebrity 100″bagging the seventh position in 2012.
Featured Image Source: Instagram/ Kareena Kapoor Khan