Kapil Sharma (Comedian) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Kapil Sharma is an Indian stand-up comedian, television presenter, actor and producer who hosts television comedy shows like Comedy Nights with Kapil, The Kapil Sharma Show and Family Time With Kapil Sharma.
Name: Kapil Sharma
Nickname: Tony and Kappu
Profession: Comedian, Actor, Singer, Producer
DOB: April 2, 1981
Birth Place: Amritsar, Punjab, India
Home Town: Amritsar, Punjab, India
Home Address: Sardar Vallabbhai Patel Nagar, Versova, Mumbai
Best Friends: Not Known
Debut Work: Film Debut: Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon (2015), TV Debut: Hansde Hansade Ravo (2006)
Movies: Bhavnao Ko Samjho (2010), Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon (2015), Firangi (2017)
Serials: Hasde Hasande Ravo (2006), The Great Indian Laughter Challenge – Season 3 (2007), Chhote Miyan (2008), Ustaadon Ka Ustaad (2009), Comedy Circus (2010-13)
Height: 175 centimetres
Weight: 73 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 40 Inches, Waist Measurements: 34 Inches, Bicep Measurement: 12 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Wife: Not Applicable
GF: Ginni Chatrath (Actress)
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: Late K. Sharma (worked as head constable in Punjab police)
Mother: Janak Rani
Brother/Sister: Ashok Kumar Sharma, Pooja Sharma
School: Shri Ram Ashram Sen. Sec. School, Amritsar
College (Graduation): Hindu College, Amritsar
College (Post-Graduation): Apeejay College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar
Educational Qualification: Graduate
Cars: Range Rover Evoque
Bikes: Not Known
House: Not Known
Salary: 60-80 lakh/episode (estimate)
Net Income: $10 million (estimate)
More Information and Facts about Kapil Sharma
- Ormax Media rated Kapil Sharma the most popular Indian television personality in April 2016.
- Forbes India ranked him at 11th position in their Celebrity 100 list in the year 2016.
- Forbes India ranked him at 18th position in their Celebrity 100 list in the year 2017 with an income of Rs. 48 crore.
- He was awarded the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year 2013, in the Entertainment category and was ranked third in the Most Admired Indian Personality List by The Economic Times in 2015.
- Sharma was nominated for the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan by the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- He was invited to the Rashtrapati Bhavan by President Pranab Mukherjee in September 2015 to acknowledge his contribution for the same.
- His father was diagnosed with cancer in 1997 and died in 2004 at AIIMS in Delhi.
- Kapil became famous after winning the comedy reality television show The Great Indian Laughter Challenge in 2007, for which he won ₹10 lakh.
- Kapil was seen as a contestant in the show Ustaadon Ka Ustaad in 2008.
- In 2013, Kapil launched his own show, Comedy Nights with Kapil, under his banner K9 Productions on Colors.
- Kapil was the co-host of the 60th Filmfare Awards in 2015 along with Karan Johar.
- He was the presenter for the fourth season of Celebrity Cricket League, 2014.
- He appeared as a guest on the opening episode of the eighth season of Kaun Banega Crorepati and also as a celebrity guest on The Anupam Kher Show.
- He also appeared as a guest in Koffee With Karan in 2017.
- Kapil has been known for his efforts in promoting animal rights. He and the cast of Comedy Nights with Kapil appeared in a PETA campaign to promote adoption of homeless cats and dogs.
- In 2014, he adopted a homeless retired police dog from Mumbai. He has also campaigned to save tortured elephants across the country.
- He was nominated for the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan by the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi for which he campaigned and regularly promotes on his show.