Kangana Ranaut (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Kangana Ranaut is an Indian film actress who is one of the highest-paid actresses in India. Ranaut is predominantly known for articulating her honest opinions in public and is regularly credited as one of the most fashionable Indian celebrities. She is the receiver of several awards, including three National Film Awards and Filmfare Awards in four categories. After training under Arvind Gaur, Ranaut made her feature film debut in Gangster (2006), for which she was awarded the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
Name: Kangana Amardeep Ranaut
Nickname: Arshad, OTA (One Take Actor)
Profession: Actress, Director, Writer
DOB: March 20, 1987
Birth Place: Bhambla, Himachal Pradesh, India
Home Town: Bhambla, Himachal Pradesh, India
Home Address: A 4 BHK flat in Khar, Mumbai
Best Friends: Aamir Khan, Priyanka Chopra
Hobbies: Cooking, reading, writing, yoga
Debut Work: Gangster (2006)
Movies: Woh Lamhe (2006), Life in a… Metro (2007), Raaz: The Mystery Continues (2009), Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai (2010) and Fashion (2008)
TV Serials: Not Applicable
Height: 165 centimetres
Weight :52 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Husband: Not Applicable
BF: Aditya Pancholi (Actor, rumour), Adhyayan Suman (Actor), Ajay Devgan (Actor, rumour), Nicholas Lafferty (British doctor), Hrithik Roshan (Actor)
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: Amardeep Ranaut (Businessman and contractor)
Mother: Asha Ranaut (Teacher)
Brother/ Sister: Akshit Ranaut, Rangoli Ranaut
Kangana Ranaut with family
School: DAV School, Chandigarh
College (Graduation): Elite School of Modelling, Mumbai
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: High School
Cars: BMW 7 Series
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: a ground floor plus three storey structure situated in Pali Hill, worth Rs 20 crore approximately
Movies: 12 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Applicable
Net Income:$12 million(estimate)
Film: Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
Actor: Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan
Actress: Sridevi, Madhubala, Angelina Jolie
Song: Classical, Pop Music
More Information and Facts about Kangana Ranaut
- When Kangana was younger, she did not contribute to the stereotypes that were expected of her and experimented with fashion from a young age, often pairing up accessories and clothes that would seem unusual to others.
- Her decision not to pursue medicine led to persistent arguing with her parents and her father refused to sponsor a quest he considered to be aimless. Also, her relatives were unhappy with her decision to enter the film industry,and they did not speak to her for several years but she reunited with them after the release of Life in a… Metro.
- Fashion emerged as a commercial success withworldwide revenue of 600 million Indian rupees and was listed as one of the best films of the decade with women protagonists. Ranaut’s performance drew undisputed critical acclaim. She earned several awards, including the National Film Award and Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- As of 2017, Ranaut will star in Simran by Hansal Mehta, in which she plays a Gujarati immigrant in America involved in criminal activities. Also, Ranaut has begun work on Manikarnika—The Queen of Jhansi, a biopic on Rani of Jhansi.
- Ranaut will also be making her production and directorial debut with an English language short film entitled The Touch, dealing with the relationship between a four-year-old boy and a dog. She co-wrote the screenplay with an Australian writer and completed principal photography in America.
- Ranaut lives in Mumbai with her sister Rangoli, who was the victim of an acid attack in 2006.
- Ranaut follows the teachings of the spiritual leader Swami Vivekananda and considers meditation to be “the highest form of worshipping God” as she is a practicing Hindu.
- She practices vegetarianism and was listed as “India’s hottest vegetarian” in a poll conducted by PETA in 2013.
- Since 2009 Ranaut has been studying the dance form of kathak from the Nateshwar Nritya Kala Mandir.
- Kangana Ranaut enrolled in a two-month screenplay writing course at the New York Film Academy in 2014.
- She ranked among the top 10 on The Times of India’s listing of the “Most Desirable Woman” for four years. Further, Ranaut was featured on Verve’s listing of the most powerful women of 2010 and in 2012 she was named the “Best Dressed Personality” by the Indian edition of People magazine. Again in 2013, Ranaut featured as one of the best-dressed women celebrities by Vogue India.
- She collaborated with the fashion brand Vero Moda to launch two clothing lines for the company, named Marquee and Venice Cruise.
- Kangana Ranaut has received three National Film Awards: Best Supporting Actress for Fashion (2008) and Best Actress for Queen (2014) and Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2015). She has also won four Filmfare Awards: Best Female Debut for Gangster (2006), Best Supporting Actress for Fashion (2008), Best Actress for Queen (2014), and Best Actress – Critics for Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2015).
Features Image Source: Viacom 18 Motion Pictures/Queen Movie