Johnny Lever (Actor) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Johnny Lever is an Indian film actor and one of the most noted comedians in Hindi cinema and is also one of the first stand-up comedians in India. He is the recipient of thirteen Filmfare Awards nominations in Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role, and has won the award twice, for his work in Deewana Mastana (1997) and Dulhe Raja (1998). He began his career in 1984, and has acted in more than 300 movies.
Name: John Rao Prakash Rao Janumala
Nickname: Johnny Lever
DOB: August 14, 1957
Birth Place: Kanigiri, Andhra Pradesh, India
Home Town: Prakasam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Home Address: 151/152 Oxford Tower, Yamuna Nagar Lokhandwala, Andheri West, Mumbai
Best Friends: Not Known
Hobbies: Doing Charity, Doing Mimicry, Listening to Music, Watching Films
Debut Work: Bollywood Film: Tum Par Hum Qurban (Hindi, 1985), Telugu Film: Criminal (1995), Tamil Film: Anbirkku Alavillai (2011), TV: Johny Aala Re (in 2007 on ZEE TV)
Movies: Yeh Rishta Na Tootay (1981), Tum Par Hum Quarban (1985), Love 86 (1986), Main Balwaan (1986), Jalwa (1987)
Playback Singer: Chaalbaaz, “Bhoot Raja” (1989) , Ravan Raaj, “Tu Cheez Badi Hai Sakht Sakht” (1995), Achanak (1998), Aamdani Atthani Kharcha Rupaiyaa (2001)
Serials:Zabaan Sambhalke (1993), Johny Aala Re (2006), Comedy Circus (2007), Partners Trouble Ho Gayi Double (2017)
Height: 165 centimetres
Weight: 70 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 40 Inches, Waist Measurements: 34 Inches, Bicep Measurement: 12 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Sujatha Johnrao Janumala
GF: Not Known
Kids: Jesse Johnrao Janumala, Jamie Janumala aka Jamie Lever (Comedian, Actor, Singer)
Father: Prakash Rao Janumala (an operator in Hindustan Lever Ltd)
Mother: Karunamma Janumala
Brothers/Sisters: Jimmy Moses (actor, playback singer, stand-up comedian & mimicry artist) & 1 more (both younger), 3 sisters
School: Andhra Education Society English High School, Andhra Pradesh
College (Graduation): Not Attended
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: 7th Standard
Cars: BMW, Audi Q7
Bikes: Not Known
House: Not Known
Movies: 20 Lakh rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Known
Net Income: $30 million (estimate)
Film: Not Known
Actor: Amitabh Bachchan
Actress: Not Known
Song: Music of Kalyanji-Anandji duo
More Information and Facts about Johnny Lever
- Lever was born in a Telugu Christian family.
- He was brought up in Mumbai’s King’s Circle area (Dharavi).
- His mother tongue is Telugu.
- He is the eldest in the family.
- Lever studied till the seventh grade but couldn’t study further because of financial problems in his family. He decided to leave school and started working odd jobs, such as selling pens on the streets of Mumbai by imitating Bollywood stars and dancing.
- He also spent his early years in Yakutpura, an old city of Hyderabad where he learnt the unique style of comedy acting.
- At a Hindustan Lever Ltd company function, he mimicked a few senior officers, and from that day on, the workers said he was not John Rao but was Johnny Lever. When he later joined the industry, he decided to keep the name.
- He did a lot of shows and world tours with them, one of his first big tours being with Amitabh Bachchan in 1982. At one of his shows, actor Sunil Dutt noticed his talent and potential and offered him his first movie Dard Ka Rishta.
- He is the president of MAAM (Mimicry Artist Association Mumbai), and has done thousands of live shows all over the world.
- In 1998, Lever was convicted and sentenced to 7 days imprisonment for disrespecting the Indian National Anthem, constitution and the flag at a private function hosted by Anees Ibrahim Kaskar, brother of global terrorist Dawood Ibrahim, head of the infamous D-Company. However, he was relieved of all charges later on.