Jim Sarbh (Actor) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Jim Sarbh is an Indian theatre actor/director and film actor based in Mumbai. He was selected for the Forbes India ‘30 under 30’ list in early 2015 for his contribution to Indian theatre. He made his Bollywood debut with the antagonist role in the critically and commercially successful biographical thriller Neerja (2016), which garnered him a Best Supporting Actor nomination at Filmfare.
Name: Jim Sarbh
Nickname: Not Known
Profession: Theatre/Film Actor and Director
DOB: August 27, 1987
Birth Place: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Town: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Address: Mumbai
Best Friends: Not Known
Hobbies: Playing sports, travelling and listening to music
Debut Work: Neerja (2016)
Movies: A Death in the Gunj (2017), Raabta, Padmaavat, Sanju
Serials: Not Applicable
Height: 175 centimetres
Weight: 65 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 40 Inches, Waist Measurements: 30 Inches and Bicep Measurements: 14 Inches
Hair Color: Salt and Pepper
Marital Status: Unmarried
Wife: Not Applicable
GF: Kalki Koechlin
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: Master Mariner, Regional Director of P&O Ports South and Middle East Asia
Brother/Sister: Not Known
School:American School of Bombay, Mumbai, India
College (Graduation): Emory University in Georgia, United States of America
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: Degree in Psychology
Cars: Not Known
Bikes: Not Known
House: Not Known
Movies: 1 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows:Not Applicable
Net Income: $1.9 million (estimate)
More Information and Facts about Jim Sarbh
- He moved to Australia with his family when he was 3 years old and moved back to Mumbai when he was 8.
- Sarbh worked at the Alliance Theatre in Atlanta for a year as a literary intern, and performed around Atlanta in The Show!, The Breakup, Tennis in Nablus, and Ice Glen (2009), for which he won a Major Supporting Role Metropolitan Atlanta Theatre Award.
- After moving back to Mumbai in 2012, he has performed in various plays like Ok Tata Bye Bye, Limbo, Death of a Salesman, Gates to India Song, Cock, Noises Off, The Glass Menagerie, Eat! and Bull.
- In 2016, Sarbh acted in Neerja by Ram Madhvani, Yashodhara by Jyoti Patil, 3 ½ Takes by Daria Ghai, and the short films Mama’s Boys by Akshat Verma, and Like Summer Like Rain by Gouri Dutt.
- He performed on stage in Vickram Kapadia’s The Merchant of Venice, Kalki Koechlin’s The Living Room, and Rajat Kapoor’s What is Done, is Done.
- Ajeeb Ashiq by Natasha Mendonca was Sarbh’s feature film debut which premiered at the International Film Festival Rotterdam in 2 February 2016.
- He has played the role of Malik Kafur in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Padmaavat, along with Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh.
- He is still an active participant in the theatre circuit, and looks like all these years of polishing his craft as an actor he has finally cemented his place in Hindi cinema.
- He is also shooting for the untitled Sanjay Dutt’s biopic with Ranbir Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor. The film is directed by Raj Kumar Hirani, who has been in the news for all the good reasons and is among the most anticipated releases of the year.