Jacqueline Fernandez (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Jacqueline Fernandez is a Sri Lankan actress, model currently working in Bollywood films. She won the 2006 Miss Universe Sri Lanka pageant. She then represented her country at the 2006 world Miss Universe pageant. She worked as a television reporter in Sri Lanka. She is one of the most popular actresses in India and is the recipient of several awards.
Name: Jacqueline Fernandez
Profession: Actress, Model, Restaurateur
DOB: June 2, 1985
Birth Place: Manama, Bahrain
Nationality: Sri Lankan
Home Town: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Home Address: Bandra, Mumbai, India
Best Friends: Sonam Kapoor, Varun Dhawan
Hobbies: Travelling, gymnastics, swimming, dancing
Debut Work: Film Debut: Aladin (2009), TV Debut: Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9 (2016, judge)
Movies: Judwaa 2 (2017), A Gentleman(2017), A Flying Jatt (2016), Dishoom(2016), Housefull 3(2015), Brothers(2015)
TV Serials: Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9 (2016, judge)
Height: 170 centimetres
Weight: 55 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Husband: Not Applicable
BF: Sheikh Hassan Bin Rashid Al Khalifa (Bahraini prince), Sajid Khan (Director)
Father: Elroy Fernandez (Businessman)
Brothers/ Sister: 2 brothers and 1 sister
School: Sacred Heart School, Bahrain
College (Graduation): University of Sydney, Sydney
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: Graduate in Mass Communication
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: duplex apartment in Bandra, Mumbai
Movies: 3 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: 1 Crore rupees/episode (estimate)
Net Income: $9 million (estimate)
Film: The Bridges Of Madison, Gone with the Wind
Actor: Shahrukh Khan and Leonardo DiCaprio
Actress: Angelina Jolie
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Jacqueline Fernandez
- She attended the Berlitz School of Languages, where she learnt Spanish and improved her French and Arabic.
- Fernandez had aspired to become an actress at a young age and fantasized about becoming a Hollywood movie star. She received some training at the John School of Acting.
- In 2006, she appeared in a music video for the song “O Sathi” by music duo Bathiya and Santhush.
- Although her film Aladin was a critical and commercial failure, she won the IIFA Award for Star Debut of the Year – Female.
- Her film Housefull 2 became one of the highest grossing productions of India the year it was released and earned ₹1.86 billion worldwide. Despite the negative reviews for her performance, Fernandez received a Best Supporting Actress nomination at the 14th IIFA Awards.
- Fernandez is also filming Tarun Mansukhani’s next, Drive opposite Sushant Singh Rajput. She has committed to star alongside Salman Khan in Race 3.
- Fernandez supports charitable organisations and a number of causes.On the behalf of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), she sent a letter to the Mumbai Municipal Commissioner asking for an end to horse-drawn carriage rides in Mumbai. Further,she asked the consulate general of the Philippines, William John T Perera in Colombo, to accelerate the transfer of an elephant from its insufficient housing at the Manila Zoo to a humane sanctuary. Later she raised around £4000 for the Pratham NGO, which helps children’s primary education.
- In 2014, Fernandez was named “Woman Of The Year” by PETA (India) for advocating the protection of animals. In 2015, she auctioned her outfits online for a philanthropic reason. In 2016, she was part of “Jacqueline Builds” campaign that raised funds for the victims of the 2015 South Indian floods. Furthermore, in 2017, Jacqueline Fernandez collaborated with Rakyan Beverages by investing in their juice products.
- Fernandez has participated in several concert tours and televised award ceremonies.
- In 2013, she performed at the Temptations Reloaded in Auckland, Perth, and Sydney and also at the live talent show “Got Talent World Stage Live” with Priyanka Chopra and Varun Dhawan.
- Fernandez opened a restaurant in Colombo, Kaema Sutra, in collaboration with Chef Dharshan Munidasa, which specialises in contemporary Sri Lankan cuisine.
- Fernandez is the ambassador for HTC One. She was the face of Indian Bridal Fashion Week—IBFW of 2013. She became the spokesperson for Gareth Pugh’s designed Forevermark Diamonds in Mumbai, and was at the opening of the Forever 21 store in Mumbai.
- She also launched Gillette Shaving System with Arbaaz Khan and Aditya Roy Kapoor.
- Fernandez featured in the UK magazine Eastern Eye’s “World’s Sexiest Asian Women” list fpr two years, ranking twelfth. She was graded third on The Times of India’s listing of the “Most Desirable Woman”. In 2013, she was on Rediff.com’s list of “Bollywood’s Best Dressed Actresses”.
- She was at the sixty second position in the Indian edition of the Forbes’ Celebrity 100.