Irrfan Khan (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Irrfan Khan is an Indian film actor, known for his work predominantly in Hindi cinema, as well as his works in British films and Hollywood. He is thought to be one of the finest actors in Indian cinema for his versatile and natural acting by film critics, contemporaries and other experts. Marked his screen debut in 1988 with the Academy Award nominated Salaam Bombay!, Khan received the Padma Shri (2011) by the Government of India for his contribution to the field of arts.
Name: Sahabzade Irfan Ali Khan
Nickname: Not Known
Profession: Actor, Producer
DOB: January 7, 1967
Birth Place: Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
Home Town: Khajuriya village, Tonk district, Rajasthan, India
Home Address: 5th floor of an apartment in Oshiwara, Mumbai
Best Friends: Not Known
Debut Work: Salaam Bombay (1988, Bollywood), The Warrior (2001, British film) , A Mighty Heart (2007, Hollywood), TV: Shrikant (1985)
Movies: Hindi Medium (2017), Life of Pi (2012), Madaari (2016), Jurassic World (2015), Inferno (2016)
TV Serials: The Kapil Sharma Show(2016-17), Tokyo Trial(2016), In Treatment(2008-10), Bharat Ek Khoj, The Great Maratha, Mano Ya Na Mano, Banegi Apni Baat, Chandrakanta
Height: 183 centimetres
Weight: 78 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 41 Inches, Waist Meausrements: 33 Inches, Bicep Measurements: 12 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Sutapa Sikdar (Dialogue writer)
GF: Not Known
Kids: Ayaan Khan, Babil Khan
Father: Sahabzada Yaseen Ali Khan (Entreprenuer)
Mother: Sayeeda Begum
Brother/ Sister: Salman Khan, Imran Khanand Rukhsana Begum
School: Not Known
College (Graduation): National School of Drama (NSD), New Delhi
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: Diploma in dramatic arts
Bikes: Not Known
House: Property in Mumbai, India
Movies: 12-14 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Known
Net Income:$50 Million(estimate)
Film: The Men (1950)
Actor: Philip Seymour Hoffman, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Marlon Brando
Actress: Not Known
Song: Jaane De (Qarib Qarib Single)
More Information and Facts about Irrfan Khan
- Khan got the National Film Award for Best Actor in the 60th National Film Awards 2012, for his performance in Paan Singh Tomar.
- Khan has won the 2014 Asian Film Award for Best Actor, three International Indian Film Academy Awards, three Filmfare Awards, an Independent Spirit Award nomination, and various international honours.
- He also hosted a television show and performed in commercials. Khan is featured in more than fifty Indian films, and other international works such as The Namesake, The Darjeeling Limited, the Academy Award winner Slumdog Millionaire, Life of Pi, New York, I Love You, The Amazing Spider-Man, Jurassic World, and Inferno.
- In 2015, he was selected as the brand ambassador for “Resurgent Rajasthan”, a campaign by the state government of Rajasthan.He lent his voice to the light and sound show at the war memorial for the Indian army at Vidhan Sabha Road, Jaipur. This show depicts the courage and bravery of the Rajasthani soldiers and their victories in battle.
- In 2012, he changed the spelling of his name from “Irfan” to “Irrfan” and has said he likes the sound of the extra “r” in his name.
- He was offered a role in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen with Sean Connery but the deal fell though at the last minute.
- He was offered Matt Damon’s part in ‘Interstellar’ and Chiwetel Ejiofer’s part in ‘The Martian’ but he ended up turning down both roles due to scheduling conflicts.
- Two of the films that he has worked on that is, Slumdog Millionaire and Life of Pi collectively won 12 Oscars.
- When he arrived in Bombay, he worked as a air conditioner repair man and one of the first houses he visited to repair a air conditioner was the house of superstar Rajesh Khanna.