Genelia D’Souza (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Genelia D’Souza is an Indian film actress and model who has appeared in South Indian cinema and Bollywood films. As a kid, she appeared in a Parker Pen commercial with Amitabh Bachchan. Genelia began her acting career with Tujhe Meri Kasam in 2003. Genelia received her first Filmfare Award in 2006 for Bommarillu, which got her critical commendation. In 2008, she gave critically acclaimed performances in Santosh Subramaniam and Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na.
Name: Genelia D’Souza
Nickname: Teenage Superstar of Bollywood, Cheenu, Geenu
Profession: Actress and Model
DOB: August 5, 1987
Birth Place: Mumbai, India
Home Town: Mumbai, India
Home Address :602, Pura Building, Pochkhanwala Road, Worli, Mumbai
Best Friends: Not Known
Hobbies: Listening to music, watching films, reading
Debut Work: Tujhe Meri Kasam (2003)
Movies: Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya (2012), Sachein (2005), Bommarillu (2006), Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na (2008), Force (2011)
TV Serials: Big Switch (host)
Height: 168 centimetres
Weight: 55 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Ritesh Deshmukh
BF: Ritesh Deshmukh
Kids: Riaan Deshmukh (born in 2014), Rahyl Deshmukh (born in 2016)
Father: Neil D’Souza (senior official with Tata Consultancy Services)
Mother: Jeanette D’Souza (former MD of the Pharma Multinational corporation)
Brother: Nigel D’Souza
School: Apostolic Carmel High School, Bandra
College (Graduation): St. Andrew’s College, Bandra
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: Bachelors in Management Studies
Cars: Not Known
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: a flat in Juhu in suburban Mumbai
Movies: 1-2 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Known
Net Income: $8 Million (estimate)
Film: Devdas, Dark Knight, Titanic
Actor: Amitabh Bachchan, Om Puri, Shahrukh Khan
Actress: Sandra Bullock and Aishwarya Rai
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Genelia D’Souza
- Genelia did her first modeling assignment at the age of 15 which was after being spotted as the bridesmaid at a wedding.
- She was selected for the Parker Pen commercial with Amitabh Bachchan, just two days before her exams, and had to shoot the next day. Initially she refused, because of her exam the next day, but the director persuaded Genelia to shoot for the commercial. She gained wide attention from the Parker Pen commercial with Amitabh Bachchan.
- She signed three movies simultaneously in three different languages, Tujhe Meri Kasam (Hindi), Boys (Tamil), and Satyam (Telugu) at the beginning of her career.
- The film Bommarillu turned out to be a chartbuster at the box-office and grossed ₹250 million in India,and also won the 2006 Golden Nandi award. She won the Telugu Filmfare Award for Best Actress, the Nandi Special Jury Award and Santosham Award for Best Actress.
- She made her Kannada debut with Satya in Love.
- Santhosh Subramaniam’s film, a Tamil remake of Bommarillu also turned out to be rather successful for her.
- The Telugu film Katha securedher the 2009 Nandi Special Jury Award.
- Future films of D’Souza comprise Hook Ya Crook and It’s My Life which is a remake of Bommarillu in Hindi.
- She was a part of Mani Ratnam’s stage show, Netru, Indru, Naalai, to raise funds for The Banyan, a voluntary organisation which rehabilitates homeless women with mental illness in Chennai.
- She was one of the judges at the grand finale of Gladrags Mega Model and Manhunt 2009 contest on 28 March 2009.
- She walked the ramp alongside Tushar Kapoor for fashion designer Manish Malhotra at the Lakme Fashion Week 2009 on 28 March 2009.
- In 2009, she appeared as a showstopper for jewellery designer Farah Khan Ali on the second season of Housing Development and Infrastructure Limited (HDIL) India Couture Week.
- At the Chennai International Fashion Week (CIFW) in December 2009, she appeared as a showstopper for designer Ishita Singh’s collection of 2010.
- She holds a Limca world record of delivering four different super hit films in four different languages, Ready (Telugu), Satya in Love (Kannada), Santosh Subramaniam (Tamil), and Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na (Hindi) in anextent of one calendar year.
- She was a part of online market portal eBay’s 2010 “Dream House” challenge, where she transformed an empty three-room apartment in Bandra into an attractive home with online shopping.
At Children’s Day, D’Souza auctioned a few items from the abovementioned apartment. All proceeds received from the auction were given to Aseema that is a Non-governmental organization (NGO) which aims to provide education to underprivileged children.