Dia Mirza (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Diya Sangha or Diya Mirza or Dia Mirza, is an Indian model, actress and producer who was the winner of the Miss Asia Pacific 2000 title. Mirza works in Bollywood and is also known for her social work. She co-owns a production house, Born Free Entertainment, with her husband Sahil Sangha.
Name: Dia Mirza Handrich
Profession: Actress, Model and Producer
DOB: December 9, 1981
Birth Place: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Home Town: Khairatabad, Hyderabad, India
Home Address: Bandra, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Best Friends: Abhay Deol, Zoya Akhtar, Aditi Rao Hydari, Vivek Oberoi
Hobbies: Meditation, painting, yoga, horse riding, reading, writing
Debut Work: Film Debut: Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein (2001), TV Debut: Ganga – The Soul of India (2016)
Movies: Dum, Deewanapan, Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge, Tumsa Nahin Dekha – A Love Story, Parineeta, Dus, Lage Raho Munnabhai and Salam Mumbai
TV Serials: Ganga – The Soul of India (2016)
Image Source: Twitter/ Dia Mirza
Height: 165 centimetres
Weight: 52 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Sahil Sangha (Businessman)
BF: Kunal Kapoor
Father: Late Frank Handrich (Graphic designer, Architect), Late Ahmed Mirza (Step-father)
Mother: Deepa Mirza (Interior designer, Landscaper)
Brother/ Sister: None
School: Vidyaranya High School, Hyderabad and Nasr School, Khairtabad, Hyderabad
College (Graduation): Stanley Girls Junior College, Hyderabad (Dropped) and Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: Bachelor of Arts (Correspondence)
Cars: Lexus LX SUV
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: 3 BHK in Pali Hill, Bandra
Movies: 1 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Known
Net Income: $2 million
Film: 3 Idiots, Forest Gump, Schindler’s List
Actor: Tom Cruise
Actress: Aishwarya Rai
Song: Music of Anish Sood
More Information and Facts about Dia Mirza
- In April 2014, Dia got engaged to her longtime business partner Sahil Sangha and they tied the knot in a Hindu wedding at her husband’s extensive farmhouse in Chattarpur on the outskirts of Delhi.
- Dia Mirza worked while in college as a marketing executive for a media firm, Neeraj’s Multi-media Studio. She also modelled for print and TV commercials for brands such as Lipton, Wall’s ice cream, Emami and many more.
- She won the title of Miss Asia Pacific in 2000.
- Mirza got an IIFA 2012 Green Award for her contribution towards a green environment. She has done awareness campaigns on prevention of female foeticide, HIV awareness, the Cancer Patients Aid Association, PETA, ADAPT and CRY. She openly supported the Naramada Bachao Andolan. Furthermore, she has written articles for Hindustan Times and other publications.
- Mirza worked with Bengali filmmaker Pratim Dasgupta’s Paanch Adhyay and the movie turned out to be a success and was selected by film festivals in India and across the world.
- Dia Mirza will be featuring next in Johny Mastana, Bits and Pieces, Kayanat, Bidhaatar Lekha and Familywala.
- Mirza has worked extensively with the government of Andhra Pradesh to spread HIV awareness, prevention of female foeticide, PETA and CRY.
- Her other hobbies are writing, reading, painting, pottery, horse riding and theatre. She has written several articles for the Hindustan Times and other publications as a guest writer. She is on the board of the Coca-Cola foundation that works towards development in rural India. She is associated with campaigns such as Sanctuary Asia’s Leave Me Alone and Female Foeticide.
- She adopted two cheetah cubs at the Prince of Wales zoological park in Lucknow.
- Mirza expressed support for the Narmada Bachao Andolan, a group protesting the building of a dam.
- Mirza has endorsed The Body Shop for their stand on a ban on animal testing and propagation of recycled packaging and natural products. She is the Eco-Ambassador for Panasonic.
- She is the ambassador for the Swachh Bharat Mission’s youth-based ‘Swachh Saathi’ programme.
- She joined Save The Children India as their first ever artist ambassador. As an ambassador, she will use the reach of her celebrity status to champion the rights of children in India and around the world.
- On World Environment Day 2017, she was chosen brand ambassador for the Wildlife Trust of India. She has lent her support to WTI’s wildlife conservation endeavors for several years now and is a founder-member of the organization’s Club Nature initiative.
- Dia Mirza has been appointed as UN Environment’s Goodwill Ambassador for India. She has been recognized by the United Nations for her contribution to environment conservation.
Featured Image Source: Twitter/ Dia Mirza