Bipasha Basu(Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Bipasha Basu is an Indian film actress and model known for her work in Hindi films and has also appeared in Tamil, Telugu, Bengali and English films. Basu is the recipient of abundant honours, including one Filmfare Award, among six nominations. She is predominantly known for her work in the thriller and horror film genres. In India, she is regularly mentioned in the media as a sex symbol.
Name: Bipasha Basu Singh Grover
Nickname: Bips, Bippy, Bipsy, Bonny
Profession: Actress, Model
DOB: January 7, 1979
Birth Place: Delhi, India
Home Town: Kolkata, West Bengal
Home Address: 105/B, Ashiyana Estate, John Bapist Road, Bandra, Mumbai
Best Friends: Suzanne Roshan
Hobbies: Dancing, Reading, Swimming and Working Out
Debut Work: Ajnabee (2001)
Movies: No Entry (2005), Apaharan (2005),Chehraa (2005), Shikhar (2005), Madhoshi (2004),Ishq Hai Tumse (2004),Aetbaar (2004),Rudraksh (2004), Rakht (2004), Zameen (2003), Takkari Donga (2002) (Telugu), Ajnabee (2001)
TV Serials: Not Applicable
Height: 170 centimetres
Weight: 57 kilograms
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Karan Singh Grover (Actor)
BF: Dino Morea (Actor), John Abraham (Actor), Josh Hartnet (Hollywood Actor), Harman Baweja (Actor)
Father: Hirak Basu (Engineer)
Mother: Mamata Basu
Sisters: Bidisha Basu, Vijeyata Basu
School: Apeejay High School, Delhi (1st-4th standard), Bhavan’s Gangabux Kanoria Vidyamandir, Kolkata (5th-12th standard)
College (Graduation): Bhawanipur Education Society College, Kolkata (dropped)
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: High School
Cars: Audi Q7, Mercedes S-class, Volkswagen Beetle
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: Home at Mukhtangan, in Khar
Movies: 1-2 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Applicable
Net Income: $15 million (estimate)
Film: The Godfather, Indiana Jones
Actor: Shahrukh Khan, Brad Pitt, Amitabh Bachchan, Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford
Actress: Priyanka Chopra, Tabu, Kajol, Julia Roberts
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Bipasha Basu
- The Basu family re-located from Delhi to Calcutta. Bipasha is the second of three sisters, born and brought up in a Hindu Bengali family, she is fluent in Hindi, English, and Bengali.
- Unbelievable as it may sound, sexy Bipasha was considered ‘ugly’ in her younger years due to her dark complexion. Her name means ‘Dark Deep Desire’, and is also the name of a river.
- After her success as the Ford Supermodel, she went on to be crowned Miss Vivacious sponsored by Tulips.
- She has also appeared in two music videos, and was one of the judges in the 2004 Femina Miss India beauty pageant.
- In additionto acting, Basu did the video “Tu” for Sonu Nigam’s album, Kismat. She made a guest appearance in Jay Sean’s music video “Stolen”.
- In 2005, she appeared in Barsaat alongside Bobby Deol and Priyanka Chopra. She starred in the hit Tamil film Sachein and then in Apaharan, which won the National Film Award for Best Screenplay.
- Bipasha Basu got herself recognisedas an actress with the success of No Entry, Corporate and Dhoom 2 and No Entry grossed 750 million at the box office turning out to be the highest-grossing film of 2005.
- Bipasha Basu ranked 8 in The Times of India’ 50 most desirable women in 2011, ranking 13 in 2012, and ranking 7 in 2013. Also, UK magazine Eastern Eye named her the “Sexiest Woman in Asia” in 2005 and 2007.
- Bipasha Basu is one of the rareactresses who have been in the industry for more than 15 years. She is much notable as she bought sensuality and sexy back in fashion.
- She released her first fitness DVD in 2010 called Love Yourself, which is about being strong, healthy, and loving one’s self. It consists of a 60-day routine for weight-loss.Later, she launched her second Fitness DVD in September 2011 named Break Free, a 30-minute dance routine.She had also worked on another fitness video called Bollywood Bodies with John Abraham. She was also the brand ambassador of Sugar Free. She is also the face of Delhi Marathon. Bipasha Basu launched the third of her series fitness DVD Unleash, an advance training routine.