Ayesha Takia (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Ayesha Takia is an Indian former actress who appeared in Bollywood films. She debuted in Taarzan: The Wonder Car for which she won the Filmfare Best Debut Award in 2004. Her notable films also include Dor (2006), for which she won the Screen Award for Best Actress (Critics), and Wanted (2009).
Name: Ayesha Takia Azmi
Profession: Actress and Model
DOB: April 10, 1986
Birth Place: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Religion: Hindu turned Muslim
Home Town: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Address: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Best Friends: Not Known
Hobbies: Drinking coffee, dancing, music, reading, traveling, etc.
Debut Work: Taarzan: The Wonder Car
Movies: “Dil Maange More” (2004), “Kya Love Story Hai” (2007), “Fool N Final” (2007), “Pathshaala” (2010)
TV Serials: Sur Kshetra (Host)
Height: 165 centimetres
Weight: 60 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Farhan Azmi
BF: Siddharth Koirala, Ashmit Patel
Kids: Mikail Azmi
Father: Nitish Takia (Producer)
Mother: Faridah Takia
Sister: Natasha Takia
Ayesha Takia’s Son
Image Source: Instagram/ Ayesha Takia
School: St.Anthony’s High School, Chembur
College (Graduation): Not Attended
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: High School
Cars: Honda City, BMW 7 Series Sedan
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: Properties in Mumbai, India
Movies: 50-60 lakh rupees/ film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Known
Net Income: $ 10 Million (estimate)
Film: Lamhe (1991), Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999) and Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995)
Actor: Johnny Depp, Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, and Shah Rukh Khan
Actress: Priyanka Chopra, Rani Mukerji, and her all-time favorite Sridevi
Song: Hip-hop, techno, trance, soft rock, rock, ghazals, sufi and hindi Music, favourite Pakistani artists are Ghulam Ali and Abeeda Parveen
More Information and Facts about Ayesha Takia
- She also appeared in a 2006 Telegu movie named ‘Robbery’, which was later dubbed into Hindi and released as ‘Super’.
- Ayesha had never let her lack of speaking Hindi fluently come in her way. A go-getter, she is no stranger to the silver screen and has faced cameras even at the tender age of 4. Her continuity was what got her noticed and the makers of ‘Socha Na Tha’ approached her in 2004 to play the lead role opposite Dharmendra’s nephew Abhay Deol which she accepted.
- With ‘Tarzaan The Wonder Car’ Ayesha quickly made her mark in Bollywood and not only was noticed but also received an Award – The Best Filmfare Debut.
- Post that, her films have done poorly at the Box Office, although she scored highly with teenaged audience in India and abroad, especially with her performance in ‘Dil Maange More’ and ‘Shaadi No. 1’.
- In Dor she played the role without any glamor – the film that brought a lot of praise and much needed recognition for her.
- She is a member of PETA.She is a person who is very much attached to animals. She encourages people to stop using leather and other products which are tried on animals and to be kind to animals.
- In 2006, she was amongst the Top Ten on the listing of India’s 50 Most Desirable Women Alive, a poll conducted by Zoom, an Indian TV channel.
- Before entering films, she appeared in two music videos: Falguni Pathak’s Meri Chunar Udd Udd Jaye, when she was fifteen. She then appeared in the video, Shake It Daddy by Dee Jay Aqeel, when she was sixteen, which brought her to the attention of the movie industry, and a few film offers followed.
- She won Zee Cine Critics Award – Best Actress, tied with Gul Panag for Dor (2006) (2007). Also, won Bengal Film Journalists’ Association Awards, Best Actress for Dor (2006) (2007). She won Stardust Best Supporting Actress Award for Dor (2006) (2007) and Star Screen Award Best Actress (Critics) for Dor (2006) (2007).
- She was offered a role in the Hollywood movie “A Knight With The King” but turned it down.
Featured Image Source: Instagram/ Ayesha Takia