Asin (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Asin is an Indian actress who has received three Filmfare Awards. She was mostly active in the South Indian film industry, but now appears predominantly in Bollywood films. She is the only Malayali actress, other than Padmini, to have dubbed in her own voice for all her films, irrespective of language.Asin is a member of the Bollywood 100 Crore Club.Her modeling projects included Colgate Toothpaste, and Fairever Cream.
Name: Asin Thottumkal
Nickname: Queen of Kollywood
Profession: Actress, Model
DOB: October 26, 1985
Birth Place: Cochin, Kerala, India
Home Town: Kochi, Kerala, India
Home Address: Mehrauli, Delhi
Best Friends: Akshay Kumar
Hobbies: Reading, Travelling
Debut Work: Narendran Makan Jayakanthan Vaka (2001, Malayalam), Amma Nanna O Tamila Ammayi (2003, Telugu), M. Kumaran S/O Mahalakshmi (2004, Tamil), Ghajini (2008, Bollywood)
Movies: Khiladi 786 (2012), Bol Bachchan (2012), Housefull 2 (2012), Ready (2011), London Dreams (2009), Ghajini (2008)
TV Serials: Not Applicable
Height: 163 centimetres
Weight: 55 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Rahul Sharma (Co-founder, Micromax)
BF: Rahul Sharma (Co-founder, Micromax)
Kids: 1 daughter
Father: Joseph Thottumkal (Ex-CBI officer, Businesses)
Mother: Seline Thottumkal (Surgeon)
Brother/ Sister: None
School: Navy Children School, Kochi and St. Teresa’s School, Kochi
College (Graduation): St. Teresa’s College, Kochi
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: BA in English Literature
Cars: Audi Q7, Porsche Carrera
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: House in Marine Drive, Kochi, apartment in Canada and a farm house in Wagamon in Kottayam, Kerala
Movies: 2 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Applicable
Net Income: $6.5 million (estimate)
Film: Kizhakkunarum Pakshi, The Sound of Music
Actor: Mohanlal (Malyalam Actor)
Actress: Not Known
Song: Music of Arlissa, Keke Wyatt, Sofi Green, Maxwell, Sade, Eminem, Bon Jovi
More Information and Facts about Asin
- After her initial success, she was offered Telugu movies, and warmly welcomed in the Telugu film industry. It was a smooth transition from Telugu to Tamil with the film “M Kumaran s/o Mahalakshmi”.The movie was a super hit.
- She has teamed up with all the top heroes — Vijay, Ajith, Surya and Vikram, in “Maja”.
- She speaks a wide range of languages such as Malyalam, Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Sanskrit, English, French, and may well be the only Indian actress with a Blogspot in French.
- She is very active in various functions throughout Southern India, and credits her good upbringing to her parents, who she considers her role models.
- She was the winner of an entrepreneurial honour as a teenager. She is fond of reading and has a huge collection of books.
- She is the only actress, besides Kareena Kapoor, to work with Salman Khan in three films – London Dreams, Ready and No Entry Mein Entry.
- She is the only actress from the South to work with both Aamir Khan and Salman Khan.
- Asin made her debut in the Bollywood film Ghajini (2008), opposite Aamir Khan, which was the first Bollywood film to have collected more than ₹1 billion in the domestic box office and ₹1.9 billion worldwide. Asin won the Filmfare Best Female Debut Award for Ghajini.
- In 2011, she starred in Anees Bazmee’s Ready, in which she co-starred alongside Salman Khan and the film was a major triumph at the box office, collecting ₹1.84 billion worldwide. Then in 2012, Asin first starred in Sajid Khan’s Housefull 2, which collected more than ₹1 billion. She then featured in Bol Bachchan and Khiladi 786, which were also commercially successful with both grossing over ₹1 billion.
- During the shoot of her film Ready in Sri Lanka, she was part of camps that were meant to help the Sri Lankan Tamil people who were affected by the Sri Lankan Civil War.
- In an interview during the DNA I Can Women’s Half Marathon in 2012, Asin spoke about the importance of health and the necessity of education.
- Asin is also the brand ambassador for several companies and products like Avon, Mirinda, Colgate, Fairever, Tanishq, Big Bazaar, Parachute, Spinz talc, Lux, Amrutanjan Healthcare and Clinic All Clear. Asin has been endorsing Mirinda soft drinks since 2004.