Arshad Warsi (Actor) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Arshad Warsi is an Indian film actor and producer who made his debut in 1996 with Tere Mere Sapne, which was a box office success. He is best known for his portrayal of Circuit in the comedy film Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. (2003), and its sequel Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006) & the comedy films series Golmaal (film series) like “Golmaal: Fun Unlimited” “Golmaal Returns” ,”Golmaal 3″and “Golmaal Again” as Madhav in all the films in the series. He got the Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role for the Lage Raho Munna Bhai and his parts as Babban in Ishqiya (2010), its sequel Dedh Ishqiya (2014), and in Jolly LLB (2013) are critically admired.
Name: Arshad Warsi
Profession: Actor, Producer, Singer
DOB: April 19, 1968
Birth Place: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Town: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Address: 3/Kohinoor Apartments, Yari Road, Versova, Andheri (West), Mumbai
Best Friends: Naseeruddin Shah,Rajkumar Hirani, Sanjay Dutt
Hobbies: Dancing, biking, cooking
Debut Work: Film: Tere Mere Sapne (1996), Choreography: Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja (1993), TV: Razzmatazz (2001)
Movies: Betaabi (1997), Mere Do Anmol Ratan(1998), Hero Hindustani (1998), Mujhe Meri Biwi Se Bachaao (2001) and Jaani Dushman: Ek Anokhi Kahani (2002)
TV Serials: Zara Nach Ke Dikha, Razzmatazz, Bigg Boss, Karishma- A Miracle Of Destiny, Sabse Bada Kalakar
Height: 166 centimetres
Weight: 70 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 41 Inches, WaistMeasurements: 33 Inches, Bicep Measurements: 14 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Maria Goretti (Blogger, Former VJ
GF:Maria Goretti (Blogger, Former VJ)
Kids: Zene Zoe, Zeke
Father: Late Ahmed Ali Khan (Musician, Singer, Poet)
Mother: Not Known
Brother/Sister: Anwar Hussain (Stepbrother, Singer), Asha Sachdev (Stepsister, Actress)
School: Barnes School & Junior College, Deolali, Nashik district, Maharashtra
College (Graduation): Not Attended
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: 10th grade
Cars: Audi Q7, Volkswagen Beetle
Bikes: Harley Davidson
House: Various properties in Mumbai
Movies: 2 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Known
Net Income: $40 million (estimate)
Actor: Amitabh Bachchan
Actress: Madhuri Dixit
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Arshad Warsi
- Arshad got his first offer to act in Amitabh Bachchan’s production company, Amitabh Bachchan Corporation’s first production Tere Mere Sapne in 1996. Before that he had made a small appearance as a dancer in a song in Aag Se Khelenge.
- In 2003, he rose to fame when he starred as Circuit to Munna Bhai (Sanjay Dutt) in Rajkumar Hirani’s comedy Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. which turned out to be a huge box office success and gained him much critical acclaim and a nomination at the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor.He won the Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Comic Role for the same.
- The comedy Hulchul got him the GIFA Best Comedian Award and nominations for Screen Award for Best Actor, Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role and IIFA Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role.
- Salaam Namaste got him a recommendation for the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor.
- Warsi won the Indian Television Academy Award for Best Anchor—Game/Quiz Show for this.
- He has done a small cameo on Disney Channel’s television show Ishaan (2010).
- Warsi won the Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role in 2007. He has been awarded Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Comic Role twice (in 2004 and 2007).
- When he was 18 years old, his father passed away of bone cancer and a few years later, his mother died of kidney failure.
- He worked in a photo workroom to assist Mahesh Bhatt on ‘Kaash’ (1987) and ‘Thikana’ (1988).
- He joined Akbar Sami’s dance group and in 1991 he won the ‘Indian Dance Competition’ after which he became a choreographer.
- He started his own dance academy called ‘Awesome.’
- He has worked as a choreographer in Bollywood and choreographed the song “Roop Ki Rani” from Anil Kapoor and Sridevi starrer ‘Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja’ (1993).