Anushka Sharma (Actor) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Anushka Sharma is an Indian actress and film producer and is one of the most popular and highest-paid actresses in India. She won one Filmfare Award from seven nominations. Anushka Sharma made her acting debut in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008), which earned a Filmfare Award for Best Actress nomination. She rose to fame with the release of Band Baaja Baaraat (2010) and Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012). Her hghest earning film was PK (2014) and Sultan (2016), both of which rank amongst the highest-grossing Indian films.
Name: Anushka Sharma
Nickname: Anu, Nushie
Profession: Actress, Producer
DOB: May 1, 1988
Birth Place: Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh, India
Home Town: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Home Address: Badrinath Towers, 20th floor, Seven Bungalows, Andheri, Mumbai
Best Friends: Kanika Karvinkop, Ranbir Kapoor
Hobbies: Dancing and reading
Debut Work: Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008)
Movies: Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, Band Baaja Baaraat, Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola
TV Serials: Not Applicable
Height: 175 centimetres
Weight: 54 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Virat Kohli (Cricketer)
BF: Zoheb Yusuf, Ranveer Singh (Actor)
Father: Ajay Kumar Sharma (Army officer)
Mother: Ashima Sharma
Brother: Karnesh Sharma (Merchant Navy)
School: Army School, Bengaluru
College (Graduation): Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru
College (Post-Graduation): Not Known
Educational Qualification: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Masters in Economics (Correspondence)
Cars: Range Rover SUV
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: a three-bedroom flat at the Panchavatika Apartments, off Yari Road and three flats, which are on the twentieth floor of Badrinath Towers, a high end building in the Versova area of Mumbai
Movies: 6 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Applicable
Net Income: $9 million(estimate)
Film: The Shawshank Redemption (1994), Life Is Beautiful (1997), In the Mood for Love (2000), Fish Tank (2009), Jab We Met (2007), Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), Chak de! India (2007), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998) and Dil Se.. (1998)
Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
Actress: Rani Mukherji
Song: Reggae, Hip Hop, Alternative Rock Music
More Information and Facts about Anushka Sharma
- Anushka wished to pursue a career in modelling or journalism in the beginning, and had no plans to be an actress. She moved to Mumbai then for her modelling career. She enrolled herself at the Elite Model Management, and was groomed by the style advisor Prasad Bidapa.
- Sharma walked the runway in 2007 at the Lakme Fashion Week for designer Wendell Rodricks’s Les Vamps Show and was picked to be his finale model at the Spring Summer 2007 Collection. Since then she has done campaigns for the brands Silk & Shine, Whisper, Nathella Jewelry and Fiat Palio.
- For her role in Jab Tak Hai Jaan, she won the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress, and it proved to be the third highest-grossing Bollywood film of 2012.
- The 2014 release PK garnered critical acclaim and emerged as the highest-grossing Bollywood film with a worldwide revenue of over ₹7 billion.
- Her performances in NH10 and Dil Dhadakne Do earned her Filmfare Award nominations for Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress, respectively.
- With earnings of over ₹5 billion worldwide, her release Sultan ranks among Indian cinema’s biggest grossers.
- The film Ae Dil Hai Mushkil earned over ₹2 billion worldwide, and she received a Best Actress nomination at the 62nd Filmfare Awards. With two top-grossing films in 2016, Bollywood Hungama ranked Sharma as the most successful Bollywood actress of the year.
- As of 2017, Sharma is filming for her next production, a horror film entitled Pari. She is supposed to appear in Navdeep Singh’s Kaneda, alongside Arjun Kapoor and Diljit Dosanjh, and has also shot for a brief role in Rajkumar Hirani’s biopic on the actor Sanjay Dutt, called Sanju. She will also reunite with Shah Rukh Khan and Katrina Kaif in Anand L Rai’s upcoming drama about the life of a dwarf. In addition, she will collaborate with Varun Dhawan in Sui Dhaaga, a comedy-drama by Sharat Katariya.
- She started practising vegetarianism in 2015. She is listed by The Times of India as one of “Bollywood’s hottest vegetarian celebrities”. She was also named as the “hottest vegetarian of 2015” by PETA.
- She is a keen practitioner of Transcendental Meditation. Anushka Sharma has confessed to being a victim of anxiety disorder and seeking treatment for it.She is a practicing Hindu, and along with her family is a follower of Anant Dham Atmabodh Ashram in Haridwar.
- She partook in the opening ceremony of the 2015 Indian Premier League held at Kolkata, along with other celebrities including Hrithik Roshan, Shahid Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan, Farhan Akhtar and composer Pritam.
- She walked the ramp to support Shabana Azmi’s Mijwan Welfare Society, an NGO that helps empower women. In 2013 she vowed to support the education of India’s young girls as part of NDTV’s “Our Girls, Our Pride” fundraiser. She appeared alongside other celebrities in a commercial, produced by the National Film Development Corporation of India, to create awareness about the ‘Right to Education’ for children.
- In December 2014, she auctioned the leather jacket she wore in Jab Tak Hai Jaan on eBay, the proceeds of which went to the improvement of the flood-ravaged states of Kashmir and Assam. Sharma had also overlooked a campaign to collect donations for the victims of the April 2015 Nepal earthquake. She supports the annual Mumbai Film Festival and donated money in its cause in 2015. Sharma has spoken up about the inequality in the pay that actresses command compared to their male colleagues in the film industry. In 2016, she supported India’s first transgender band, the 6-Pack Band, by providing a voice over in their first single, “Hum Hain Happy.”
- Anushka Sharma has also spoken up for animal rights on social media. She took to Twitter to ask for a ban on horse-drawn carriages in Mumbai in 2014. In June 2015, she condemned the Yulin Dog Meat Festival in China, and urged her fans to sign an online petition aimed at stopping it. Later in 2015, she launched ‘Pawsitivity’, a campaign intended to alert people about the adverse effects of noise, air, water and soil pollution on animals.
- In October 2017, Sharma launched her own clothing line, named Nush.
- Sharma was included on Rediff.com’s list of “Bollywood’s Best Actors” for Band Baaja Baaraat (2010), and NH10 (2015). She was also featured in their list of “Bollywood’s Best Dressed Actresses” in 2012–13. She was at number 5 on The Times of India’s listing of the “Most Desirable Woman” in 2011. She was in the Forbes Celebrity 100 in 2012. In 2015, she was ranked nineteenth with an estimated annual earning of ₹26.83 crore, making her one of the highest-paid actresses in the country. She appeared on The Huffington Post’s list of “100 most influential women on Twitter” in 2015. Furthermore, she also topped the Times Celebex list of Bollywood stars, in terms of highest box-office collection. In 2016, she featured on The Times of India’s ‘Most Engaging on Twitter’ list of Hindi film actors. She was also present on Verve magazine’s “Best Dressed 2015” list.
- Anushka Sharma is a celebrity endorser for various brands and products, like TVS Scooty, Nivea, Elle 18 cosmetics, Bru coffee and Pantene.