Anu Malik (Music Director) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Anu Malik is a National award-winning Indian music director, singer, actor, director and producer who made his debut as a music composer in 1980. In the 1990s, he composed music for the films like Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee, Baazigar, Jaanam, etc. He trained in music and debuted in Hindi films in 1980, with the film Hunterwali 77.
Name: Anwar Malik
Nickname: Anu, Son of Sardar Malek
Profession: Music director, singer, actor, director and producer
DOB: November 2, 1960
Birth Place: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Town: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Address: Mumbai
Best Friends: Not Known
Hobbies: Making music tunes
Debut Work: Music Direction: Hunterwali 77 (1977)
Songs: Composition- “Taal Pe Ja”, “Mere Humsafar” from the film Refugee, “Tumse Milke Dilka Jo Haal” from Main Hoon Na, “Eli Re Eli” from Yaadein and “Baazigar O Baazigar” from the film Baaziga, Singer- Dekho Barish Ho Rahi Hai, Tera Chehra, Dhua Dhua and an English album, Eyes (Albums)
TV: Indian Idol 1, Indian Idol 2, Indian Idol 3, Asian Idol, Indian Idol 4, Indian Idol 5, Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega, Indian Idol 7 (2016–17)
Height: 183 centimetres
Weight: 85 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 43 Inches, Waist Measurements: 35 Inches, Bicep Measurements: 12 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Anju Malik
GF: Not Known
Kids: Anmol Malik and Ada Malik
Father: Anwar Sardaar Malik (Music Director)
Mother: Not Known
Brother: Daboo Malik (Music Director) and Abu Malik
Anu Malik with family
School: Not Known
College (Graduation): Not Known
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: Not Known
Cars: BMW, Hyundai Verna, Skoda Octavia
Bikes: Not Known
House: Own property in Mumbai
Salary: Not Known
Net Income: $20 million (estimate)
Film: Not Known
Actor: Ranveer Singh
Actress: Poonam Dhillon
Song: Dil Se Re from Dil Se, Nazar Laaye from Raanjhanaa, Masakali from Delhi 6
More Information and Facts about Anu Malik
- Malik has been the judge on the television show Indian Idol since its inception. He is frequently considered arrogant for his habit of critiquing singers who come for audition.
- As a music director, he has produced music for various genres of films, and has written several commercially successful songs for the Hindi (Bollywood) film music industry.
- Malik is known for the use of the tabla in his songs.
- In 1993, Malik released the songs for Sir and Phir Teri Kahaani Yaad Aayee, for Baazigar, Main Khiladi Tu Anari (1994) and Akele Hum Akele Tum (1995). Also, music for Virasat (1997) and Border (1997) and for Indra Kumar’s Ishq (1997) was commercially successful, followed by the music for Jaanam Samjha Karo (1999), Baadshah (1999), Josh (2000), Refugee (2000), Har Dil Jo Pyaar karega (2000) and Fiza (2000).
- In 2001, Malik composed for Mujhe Kuch Kehna hai, Aks, Ajnabee, Yaadein and Asoka.
- In 2004, he composed the music for Main Hoon Naa (2004), Fida (2004) and Murder (2004).
- More recently, he composed music for Kambakkht Ishq, Shootout at Wadala, Yamla Pagla Deewana and Dum Laga Ke Haisha.
- He sings his own compositions, with songs such as “Ek Garam Chaye ki Pyali” from the movie Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega, “Gori Gori” in Main Hoon Na or the recent “Meri Jane Jigar” in Deewane Huye Paagal.
- Among his works are “Oonchi Hai Building” and “East or West India is the best” from the movie Judwaa, and the rap part of “Yeh Kaali Kaali Aankhen” of Baazigar.
- While he sings entire songs for some movies, especially those starring Sunil Shetty, Paresh Rawal, Akshay Kumar and Shahid Kapoor (In Deewane Huye Paagal he sang almost every song), and has also sung as part of a chorus in “Mehbooba Mehbooba” in the film Ajnabee, and “Tumse Milke Dilka Jo Haal” for Main Hoon Na.
- His albums include Dekho Barish Ho Rahi Hai, Tera Chehra, Dhua Dhua and an English album, Eyes.
- Malik was awarded a Silver Lotus for his music for J.P. Dutta’s Refugee and the Filmfare Special Jury Award. He also won the Filmfare Best Music Director Award for Main Hoon Na and Baazigar.
- He is a seven-time winner from 42 nominations for best music director, including 14 nominations for the Filmfare Award for Best Music Director.
- Anu Malik has seven nominations without a win, which is the highest.