Anil Kapoor (Actor) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Anil Kapoor is an Indian actor and producer who acts in Bollywood films, as well as international films and television series. He has been in the industry for almost 40 years as an actor, and as a producer since 2005. He has won many awards in his career, including two National Film Awards and six Filmfare Awards in diverse acting categories. Anil Kapoor is one of the most versatile and uncoventional actors of Indian cinema.
Name: Anil Kapoor
Nickname: Mr. India, Lakkhan
Profession: Actor, Producer, Singer
DOB: December 24, 1956
Birth Place: Chembur, State of Bombay, India
Home Town: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Address: 31 Shrinagar, 7th Road, JVPD Scheme, Mumbai
Best Friends:S alman Khan, Shekhar Kapur
Hobbies: Painting, gymming, travelling
Debut Work: Film: Hamare Tumhare (1979, Bollywood), Vamsa Vruksham (1980, Telugu), Pallavi Anu Pallavi (1983, Kannada), Chandralekha (1997, Malayalam), Slumdog Millionaire (2008, British), Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (2011, Hollywood), Production: Badhaai Ho Badhaai (2002), TV: 24 (2010, American TV Series)
Movies: Meri Jung (1985), Karma (1986), Mr. India (1987), Virasat (1997), Deewana Mastana (1997), Biwi No.1 (1999) and Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain (1999)
TV Serials: 24 (2010), Oasis (since 2017)
Height: 178 centimetres
Weight: 78 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 41 Inches, Waist Measurements: 33 Inches, Bicep Measurements: 13 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Sunita Bhavnani Kapoor GF: Madhuri Dixit (Actress, Rumour), Kimi Katkar (Actress, Rumour)
Kids: Harshvardhan Kapoor (Actor), Sonam Kapoor (Actress), Rhea Kapoor (Producer)
Father: Late Surinder Kapoor (Producer)
Mother: Nirmal Kapoor
Brothers/ Sister: Boney Kapoor (Producer), Sanjay Kapoor (Actor), Reena Kapoor
School: Our Lady of Perpetual Succour High School, Mumbai
College (Graduation): St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai (expelled)
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: High School
Cars: Audi RS7, Mercedes ML350, BMW 7-Series 760 Li, W222 Mercedes Benz S-Class
Bikes: Not Known
House: Bungalow in Vile Parle, Mumbai and properties in London and USA
Movies: 7 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: 1 million rupees for his tv show 24 (estimate)
Net Income: $20 million(estimate)
Film: Woh Saat Din, Parinda, Pukar, Virasaat, Mr. India and Khoobsurat
Actor: Raj Kapoor, Charlie Chaplin
Actress: Rekha, Sridevi, Katrina Kaif
Song: “Rock On” (Rock On)
More Information and Facts about Anil Kapoor
- Anil Kapoor commuted by bus and train from Chembur to Bombay V.T. when he was in college, and then walked the rest of the way. It was here that he met Mazhar Khan. A preoccupied Anil was kicked out of College in the second year because of his lack of presence. His attempts to join the Pune Film Institute were in vain, as he failed in the written examination. He then decided to join Roshan Taneja’s Acting school.
- He first appeared on the silver screen in Hamhare Tumhare in a character role. His first lead role was in ‘Woh 7 Din’ and from thence on there has been no looking back. He has acted in close to a 100 movies, and has 5 in production. He has produced two movies (Gandhi My Father & Badhaai Ho Badhaai), as well as been a Casting Director/Outdoor In charge for ‘Hum Paanch’.
- Kapoor’s first role in an international film was in Danny Boyle’s 2008 Academy Award-winning film Slumdog Millionaire, for which he shared the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture.
- His performance in the eighth season of the action series 24 generated rave reviews from the American press Globally.
- Anil Kapoor is one of the most documented Indian actors.
- He is the director of Asian Academy of film and television film city noida which conducts film degree programs and is rated as top 10 in the world.
- Anil Kapoor shaved-off his mustache, for the first time, while filming Lamhe (1991). He has also done so for Jhooth Bole Kauwa Kaate (1998) and Salaam-E-Ishq (2007).
- He auditioned for the small role of Sanjay Dutt’s friend in the latter’s debut film Rocky, in his struggling days, but didn’t get the part.
- He went for world tour concerts with Rekha and Meenakshi in June 1986. They went to cities in Canada, America and England.
- He went for a world tour of concerts with Aamir Khan in September of 2001. The tour was canceled mid way due to the 9/11 attacks.
- One of his first playback songs was the title track of the 1986 Bollywood comedy Chameli Ki Shaadi. He was credited on the song “Tere Bina Main Nahin Mere Bina Tu Nahin” for the film Woh Saat Din. He is also credited on the song “I Love You” from Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai. In 2008, Kapoor provided a rhyme-like-dialogue to introduce his character in Yashraj’s Tashan. He had one full album, “Welcome” as a co-singer with Salma Agha in 1986. The album was scored by Bappi Lahiri.