Amitabh Bachchan (Actor) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Amitabh Bachchan is an Indian film actor. He was known in the 1970s for films such as Zanjeer, Deewaar, and Sholay and has since appeared in over 190 Indian films. He’s had a long and eventful career covering almost five decades. Bachchan is extensively considered as one of the supreme and most significant actors in the history of not only Indian cinema but also world cinema.
Name: Amitabh Bachchan
Nickname: Big B, Angry Young Man, Munna, Star of the Millennium, One Man Industry, The Last Emperor, Mahanayak, Amit ji and Shahenshah of Bollywood
Profession: Actor, Producer, Writer, Television Host and Former Politician
DOB: October 11, 1942
Home Town: Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
Home Address: Jalsa, B/2, Kapol Housing Society, VL Mehta Road, Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Best Friends: Vinod Khanna, Dharmendra, Shatrughan Sinha, Rajiv Gandhi
Hobbies: Singing, Reading
Debut Work: Film Debut: Saat Hindustani (1969), TV Debut- Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC) (2000)
Movies:Bade Miyan Chote Miyan (1998),Mohabbatein (2000), Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham… (2001) and Baghban (2003) and Khakee (2004)
TV Serials: Kaun Banega Crorepati(2000), Yudh(2014), Bigg Boss(since 2006) and Bharat Ka Veer Putra – Maharana Pratap(2013-2015)
Body:Chest Measurements: 42 Inches, Waist Measurements: 34 Inches, Biceps Measurements: 13 Inches
Hair Color:Black with hints of grey
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Jaya Bhaduri Bachchan
GF: Rekha and Late Parveen Babi
Kids: Abhishek Bachchan, Shweta Bachchan-Nanda
Father: Harivanshrai Bachcha
Mother: Teji Bachchan
Brother: Ajitabh Bachchan
Amitabh Bachchan Family
School: Jnana Pramodhini, Boys High School, Allahabad and Sherwood College, Nainital, India
College (Graduation): Kirori Mal College, New Delhi, India
College (Post-Graduation): Not Known
Educational Qualification: Double major in Science and Arts, an honorary doctorate degree from Queensland University, Australia
Cars: Bentley Arnage R, Bentley Continental GT, Lexus LX 470, Mercedes-Benz SL 500 AMG, Porche Cayman S, Range Rover SUV, Mini Cooper, Rolls Royce Phantom, Toyota Land Cruiser, BMW 760Li, BMW X5, Mercedes Benz S320, Mercedes Benz S600, Mercedes Benz E240
Bikes: Not Known
House:5 houses in Juhu (JVPD), Mumbai, India- Pratiksha, Jalsa,a new Bungalow behind Jalsa, Vatsa and office buiding Janak
Movies: 20 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: 2-3 Crore rupees/episode (estimate)
Net Income: $400 Million(estimate)
Film: Kagaz Ke Phool, Ganga Jamuna, Black, Gone With The Wind, Godfather, Scarface
Actor: Dilip Kumar
Actress: Waheeda Rehman
Song: Not Known
More Information and facts about Amitabh Bachchan
Amitabh Bachchan family pics
- Bachchan has won numerous tributes in his career, including four National Film Awards as Best Actor and many awards at international film festivals and award ceremonies. He has won fifteen Filmfare Awards and is the most nominated performer in any major acting category at Filmfare, with 41 nominations overall.
- Amitabh Bachchan has also worked as a playback singer, film producer and television presenter and has hosted several seasons of the game show, Kaun Banega Crorepati.
- He was honoured with the Padma Shri in 1984, the Padma Bhushan in 2001 and the Padma Vibhushan in 2015 by The Government of India for his contributions to the arts. What’s more, The Government of France honoured him with its highest civilian honour, Knight of the Legion of Honour, in 2007 for his extraordinary career in the world of cinema and beyond as he has also made an appearance in a Hollywood film, Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby (2013) playing a Jewish character, Meyer Wolfsheim.
- His first job was in Shaw Wallace and later worked as a freight broker for a shipping firm called Bird and Co.
- Though their family name was Shrivastav, the young boy’s father used the alias ‘Bachchan’, which was later used by the next generations as their surname.
- Sunil Dutt signed him for a mute’s role in “Reshma Aur Shera” because of a letter of introduction from then PM Indira Gandhi to friend Nargis.
- Being friends with Rajiv Gandhi, got him to decide to run for seat in the Congress from his hometown but had to leave midterm because of controversies, chiefly after Rajiv and he were implicated in the now infamous “Bofors” case along with the U.K. based Hinduja Brothers.
- He created a multi-faceted commercial initiative known as Amitabh Bachchan Corporation Limited, or ABCL which is engaged in production, distribution and all other features of the entertainment industry.
- While filming for Coolie in 1983, Amitabh Bachchan received a near fatal injury and he was hospitalised while the Indian press issued daily reports on his health.
Amitabh Bachchan in Coolie
- He was the first Asian actor having his wax model displayed at Madame Tussaud’s in London, UK.
- Interestingly, his favorite screen name is Vijay, which he had as his character name in over 20 movies.
- In 1996, he released an album called “Aby Baby” under ABCL and featured songs like “Eer Bir Phatte” which was inspired by one of his famous dialogues in his movie Aadalat (1976)and remixes of his songs from his early movies “O Saathi Re” and “Kabhi Kabhi”.
- Bachchan played a double role in ten films- Aadalat (1976), Don (1978), Kasme Vaade (1978), The Great Gambler (1979), Desh Premee (1982), Satte Pe Satta (1982), Aakhree Raasta (1986), Bade Miyan Chote Miyan (1998), Lal Baadshah (1999) and Sooryavansham (1999) and also, a triple role in Mahaan (1983).
- In 2006, the division of an upcoming movie Shootout at Lokhandwala was shocked as he recorded 23 scenes in 5 hours, which is a massive accomplishment.
Featured Image Source: Twitter/ Amitabh Bachchan