Ameesha Patel (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Ameesha Patel is an Indian actress and model who majorly acts in Bollywood films although she has also appeared in a few Telugu and Tamil films. She debuted in 2000 with the film Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai, and won critical praise for her performance in Gadar: Ek Prem Katha (2001), which became one of the biggest hits in the history of Hindi cinema, earning her a Filmfare Special Performance Award. Her performance in the 2002 film Humraaz received critical acclaim and it was one of the biggest hits of the year and she was nominated for Best Actress for the film.
Name: Ameesha Patel
Profession: Actress, Model
DOB: June 9, 1975
Birth Place: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Town: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Address: 51 Shakar Building opposite to the Sydenham B-road church gate, Mumbai
Best Friends: Maanayata Dutt, Aamir Khan, Rajpal Yadav
Hobbies: Reading, Travelling
Debut Work: Kaho Na Pyar Hai (2000)
Movies: Shortcut Romeo (2013), Race 2 (2013), Chatur Singh Two Star (2011), Run Bhola Run (2011), Bhool Bhulaiyaa (2007), Heyy Babyy (2007)
TV Serials: Not Applicable
Height: 162 centimetres
Weight: 52 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Husband: Not Applicable
BF: Vikram Bhatt(1999- 2008), Kanav Puri(2008-10)
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: Amit Patel
Mother: Asha Patel
Brother: Ashmit Patel
School: Cathedral and John Connon School, Mumbai
College (Graduation): Tufts University, Boston, USA
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: Biogenetic Engineering degree
Cars: Not Known
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: Properties in Mumbai and abroad
Movies: 5-6 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Applicable
Net Income: $30 million (estimate)
Film: Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, Pretty Woman, Titanic and Umrao Jaan
Actor: Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan
Actress: Julia Roberts, Angelina Jolie, Madhuri Dixit
Song: Music by Jagjit Singh and Sonu Nigam
More Information and Facts about Ameesha Patel
- Ameesha was the grand-daughter of Indian freedom fighter, lawyer, and former Justice Rajni Patel.
- Ameesha was born in Bombay’s Breach Candy Hospital. Her younger brother Ashmit Patel is also a Bollywood film actor and her name is a blend of the first three letters of her father’s name Amit and the last three letters of her mother’s name Asha.
- After graduation she worked for a Finance company and also modeled on the side.
- She has studied Bharat Natyam dance form since the age of five, and had acted in several plays in Satyadev Dubey’s Theatre including a play titled ‘Neelam’.
- Amisha has been the receiver of four awards for her performances in ‘Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai’, and ‘Gadar: Ek Prem Katha’.
- She has co-starred with Akshaye Khanna, Sunny Deol, Akshay Kumar, Bobby Deol, Sanjay Dutt, Aftab Shivdasani, Hrithik Roshan and Arjun Rampal amongst others.
- She supports NGOs such as PETA, Planet Read and UN for human trafficking to name a few.
- Besides making money from movies, Ameesha has appeared in ad campaigns of some leading brands including Lux, Fair & Lovely, Bajaj Sevashram and Fem. She also makes money by stage appearances and special events.
- To prepare for her role as a prostitute in her film Paradise Street, she began chain smoking cigarettes and cigars heavily. She would have one to two packs a day and sometimes multiple cigars a day. She did this because she felt it would give her more feel to the role.
- Starred in Vikram Bhatt’s shelved film co starring her brother Ashmit Patil. The film was a thriller based on reincarnation Amisha was to die at the interval then be born as Ashmit in the next life time.
- Patel is regularly cited as one of the “sexiest” Bollywood actresses of all time.
- Patel has been cast opposite Sunny Deol in the ensemble action comedy Bhaiyyaji Superhitt, which has been in the making since 2012.
- Patel performed in a number of concerts and world tours during her career. Her first world tour; The Roshans: Hrithik Live in Concert (2001), along with Hrithik Roshan, was performed across India. In 2004, Patel participated in a series of concerts in the world tour Craze 2004. In 2005, Patel participated in Adnan Sami’s world tour Kuch Dil Se… that was performed across the US and Canada from 15 April till 15 May. In October 2008, she participated in Himesh Reshammiya’s comeback concert Karzzzz Musical Curtain Raiser. In December 2008, she took part in Akshay Kumar’s Christmas Eve show Chandni Chowk to Hong Kong.
- After 26/11, many New Year’s Eve concerts for 2009 were cancelled, but Patel and Country Club India decided to go ahead with their show because they thought it would be against the terrorists’ will.
- In November 2006, Patel joined an NGO called PlanetRead, which helps people in villages to learn reading through film songs. Patel linkedwith the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) to check human trafficking in India.
- Accirding to Rediff, Patel was one of Bollywood’s sexiest actresses and top Bollywood actresses of 2001. She was placed tenth on Rediff’s list of 2008’s Sexiest Actresses and was also cited by Rediff as one of 2008’s Sexiest Magazine Cover Girls.
- She has featured on the cover of Maxim India three times, as well as other men magazines such as The Man, FHM, and Man’s World.