Akshaye Khanna (Actor) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Akshaye Khanna is an Indian Actor who performs in Bollywood films. He is the middle son of Bollywood actor and politician Vinod Khanna, and the younger brother of actor Rahul Khanna. After studying in Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute in Mumbai, Khanna made his acting debut in Bollywood in 1997 with the movie Himalay Putra, which went without much success at box office.
Name: Akshaye Khanna
DOB: March 28, 1975
Birth Place: Bombay, Maharashtra, India
Home Town: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Address: A bungalow in Alibaug, Mandwa, Mumbai, India
Best Friends: Arshad Warsi
Hobbies: Playing chess, swimming, reading and working out
Debut Work: Himalay Putra (1997)
Movies: Border (1997), Taal (1999), Dil Chahta Hai (2001), Hulchul (2004), Race (2008), Humraaz (2003) and Gandhi, My Father (2007)
TV Serials: Not Applicable
Height: 175 centimetres
Weight: 73 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 41 Inches, Waist Measurements: 33 Inches, Bicep Measurements: 12 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Wife: Not Applicable
GF: Aishwarya Rai (Actress, rumour), Tara Sharma (Actress), Riya Sen (Actress, rumour), Tara Sharma (Actress) (Ex-Fiancee)
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: Vinod Khanna (Actor)
Mother: Geetanjali Khanna, Kavita (Step-mother)
Brothers/ Sister: Rahul Khanna (Actor), Sakshi Khanna (Half-Brother), Shraddha Khanna (Half-Sister)
School: Lawrence School, Lovedale, Tamil Nadu
College (Graduation): H.R. College, Mumbai
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: Graduate
Cars: BMW, Rewa
Bikes: Not Known
House: Several properties in Mumbai, India
Movies: 3 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Applicable
Net Income: $8 million (estimate)
Film: James Bond, and Bourne series
Actor: Rajesh Khanna, Amitabh Bachchan
Actress: Dimple Kapadia
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Akshaye Khanna
- After Akshaye’s debut went without a lot of success, his performance in his next release, J. P. Dutta-directed Border (1997), earned him the Filmfare Best Debut Award and a nomination for Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor in 1998.
- He then released a string of unsuccessful films such as Mohabbat (1997), Kudrat (1998), Laawaris (1999), Love You Hamesha (1999) and Dahek (1999).
- Subhash Ghai’s Taal starring Akshaye and Aishwarya Rai became a critical and commercial success.
- In 2001, Khanna appeared in Farhan Akhtar’s cult classic Dil Chahta Hai which marked a turning point in his career as the film was a commercial and critical success and Khanna’s performance was particularly appreciated, and earned him a Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor in 2002.
- Following that, Khanna appeared in an Abbas-Mustan thriller Humraaz which got him much critical acclaim and a nomination for a Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Negative Role.
- Khanna’s comedy films Hungama (2002) and Hulchul (2004) became box office hits.
- Khanna later appeared in the 2008 release Race which was the fourth highest-grossing Bollywood film in 2008 and Khanna’s performance in a negative role brought him awards in the Best Villain category.
- But it is agreed upon by critics and fans alike that Khanna’s portrayal of Harilal Gandhi, Mahatma Gandhi’s eldest son, in the critically acclaimed 2007 film Gandhi, My Father is his best performance till date.
- In 2010, he starred in Tees Maar Khan which went on to become a box office success.
- In 2016, he made his comeback after four years as an antagonist in the action-comedy film Dishoom which only did average business at the box office. In 2017, Khanna appeared as an investigative cop in two separate thrillers, the dramatic Mom and the mystery film Ittefaq. Mom received critical acclaim, it turned out to be a box office success, and Khanna’s performance was highly appreciated.
- In 1995 Akshaye was with a girl who left him for his cousin Karan Khanna.
- Vinod Khanna had promised J.P. Dutta that he would be the one to launch Akshaye Khanna into films but the plans were changed as Vinod decided to make the film himself.