Akshay Kumar (Actor) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Akshay Kumar is an Indian actor and producer who is also a martial artist, stuntman and television personality. His career spans more than twenty five years during which Kumar has acted in over a hundred Hindi films and has won several awards including the National Film Award for Best Actor for his performance in Rustom and two Filmfare Awards. According to Box Office India, Kumar is one of the most successful actors in the history of Indian cinema. He became the first Bollywood actor whose movies have crossed respectively the Rs 2000 crore in 2013 and the Rs 3000 crore in 2016 in their domestic net lifetime collection.
Name: Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia (Real Name)
Nickname: Akki, Raju, Mac and Khiladi Kumar
Profession: Actor, Producer
DOB: September 9, 1967
Birth Place: Amritsar, Punjab, India
Home Town: Delhi, India
Home Address: Prime Beach, Juhu, Mumbai
Best Friends: Salman Khan
Hobbies: Cooking, martial arts, playing volleyball and cricket
Debut Work: Saugandh (1991)
Movies: Jaanwar (1999), Dhadkan (2000), Andaaz (2003), Namastey London (2007), Waqt (2005), Bhool Bhulaiyaa (2007), Hera Pheri (2000), Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004), Garam Masala (2005), Bhagam Bhag (2006) and Singh Is Kinng (2008)
TV Serials: MasterChef India, CID, Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi, Fear Factor India, The Great Indian Laughter Challenge
Height: 180 centimetres
Weight: 80 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 42 Inches, Waist Measurements: 34 Inches, Bicep Measurements: 16 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Wife :Twinkle Khanna (Actress)
GF: Pooja Batra (Actress), Raveena Tandon (Actress), Shilpa Shetty (Actress)
Kids: Aarav, Nitara
Father: Late Hari Om Bhatia
Mother: Aruna Bhatia
Sister: Alka Bhatia
School: Don Bosco High School, Mirik, Darjeeling
College (Graduation): Guru Nanak Khalsa College (King’s Circle), Mumbai (dropped)
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: High School
Cars: Porsche Cayenne, Honda CRV, Bentley Continental GT, Mercedes
Bikes: Yamaha VMax and Harley Davidson
House: Four flats in Andheri, Mumbai and several properties around the world
Movies: 25 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: 1 Crore rupees (estimate)
Net Income: $150 million (estimate)
Film: Life is Beautiful
Actor: Ranveer Singh and Kamal Hassan
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Akshay Kumar
- Akshay Kumar began his acting career in the 1990s where me mostly starred in action films like Mohra (1994), Main Khiladi Tu Anari (1994), Sapoot (1996) and Angaaray (1998). Later, Kumar also gained fame for his drama, romantic and comic roles. He earned critical acclaim for his portrayal of a hysterical professor in Sangharsh (1999) and a criminal in Jaanwar (1999).
- His performances in Dhadkan (2000), Andaaz (2003) and Namastey London (2007), Waqt (2005) and Bhool Bhulaiyaa (2007), Hera Pheri (2000), Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004), Garam Masala (2005), Bhagam Bhag (2006) and Singh Is Kinng (2008) were all well received.
- In 2007, he starred in four consecutive commercially successful films.
- Kumar hit a rough patch since 2009 to 2011 but came back with two successes, Housefull 2 (2012) and Rowdy Rathore (2012) with both of them grossing over ₹1 billion. His other films like OMG (2012), Special 26 (2012), Holiday (2014) and Gabbar Is Back (2015) were highly successful critically and commercially.
- From January 2016 to August 2017, he starred in five domestic net ₹100 crore plus grossers in a row with films Airlift (2016), Housefull 3 (2016), Rustom (2016), Jolly LLB 2 (2017) and Toilet: Ek Prem Katha (2017).
- Akshay Kumar has also worked as a stunt actor and often performs many dangerous stunts in his films, which has earned him the sobriquet “Indian Jackie Chan”.
- In 2008, he hosted the show Fear Factor – Khatron Ke Khiladi.
- In 2009, he founded the Hari Om Entertainment production company.
- In 2012, he founded another production company called Grazing Goat Pictures.
- In 2014, Kumar launched TV realty show Dare 2 Dance. He also owns the team Khalsa Warriors in the World Kabaddi League.
- As of 2017, he is the tenth highest paid actor in the world, according to Forbes.
- In 2008, the University of Windsor conferred an Honorary Doctorate on Kumar in recognition of his contribution to Indian cinema.
- In 2009, he was awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India.
- In 2011, The Asian Awards honoured Kumar for his outstanding achievement in Cinema.
- He was a martial arts teacher when one of his students suggested he model and he was soon offered films after his success as a model.
- He won Best Villain award for Ajnabee (2001) as it was his first ever award since his career started in 1991.
- He is the son-in-law of India and Hindi Film Industry’s first ever Superstar, Rajesh Khanna and actress, Dimple Kapadia, as well as the brother-in-law of actress Rinke Khanna.
- He was working as a chef in a restaurant in Bangkok before entering films.
- Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar have done two films together, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004) and Jaan-E-Mann: Let’s Fall in Love… Again (2006).
- He has formed a popular on-screen pairing with Katrina Kaif after super hits such as Welcome (2007), Namastey London (2007) and Singh Is Kinng (2008) together.
- He is a major WWE wrestling fan and met WWE Superstar Kane at his residence in India in 2010.
- He auditioned for Deepak Tijori’s role in Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (1992) and was rejected.
- Decided to keep his name Akshay in Bollywood after he had done a 15 second role in the film Aaj (1987).
- He was engaged to actor Praveen Kumar daughter Nipunika Sobti in the year 1997.
- He went for a world tour concert with Salman Khan in June 1995. They visited cities in Canada, America and England .
- He went for a world tour concert with Rishi Kapoor, Shahrukh Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Raveena Tandon, and Juhi Chawla. This was in September 1994. They visited cities in Canada, America, and England.
- In 1997, Kumar endorsed for Pepsi. He beforehand endorsed for Thums Up for several years. He had also endorsed for Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India, Relaxo, Dollar Club, Micromax Mobile, Red Label, LG Electronics and Manappuram Gold Loan.
- In August 2014, he performed at his 500th live show. The show was held in O2 Arena in London as part of the opening function of the World Kabaddi League. His first live show was held in 1991 in Delhi.
- He helped Khanna with editing the drafts of her debut book Mrs Funnybones.
- Kumar also had donated a sum of ₹90 lacs to drought hit farmers in Maharashtra in 2015. He has also donated INR 50 lacs to aid drought affected people by means of the Maharashtra government’s Jalyukt Shivar Abhiyan.