Aishwarya Rai Bachchan (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Aishwarya Rai, now also known as Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, is an Indian actress, model and the holder of the title of Miss World 1994. She is one of the most popular and prominent celebrities in India.Rai has received numerous awards for her work, including two Filmfare Awards from eleven nominations. She has time and again been called “the most beautiful woman in the world”.
Name: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
Nickname: Ash, Gullu
Profession: Actress and Model
DOB: November 1, 1973
Birth Place:Mangalore, Karnataka, India
Home Town: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Address: Jalsa, B/2, Kapol Housing Society, VL Mehta Road, Juhu, Mumbai
Best Friends: Dr. Zirak Marker, Preity Zinta
Hobbies: Reading and Knitting
Debut Work: Tamil film-Iruvar (1997), Bollywood film- Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya (1997)
Movies: The Pink Panther 2 (2009), The Last Legion (2007), Devdas (2002), Jodhaa Akbar (2008), Mohabbatein (2000), Enthiran (2010), Dhoom:2 (2006), Bride & Prejudice (2004)
TV Serials: Not Applicable
Image Source: Dharma Productions
Height: 170 centimeters
Weight: 56 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Abhishek Bachchan
GF/ BF: Rajeev Mulchandani (Model), Salman Khan (1999-2001) (Actor), Vivek Oberoi (Actor)
Father: Late Krishnaraj Rai (Army biologist)
Mother: Vrinda Rai
Father-in-law: Amitabh Bachchan
Mother-in-law: Jaya Bachchan
Brother: Aditya Rai (Engineer)
School: Arya Vidya Mandir, Mumbai
College (Graduation): Jai Hind College, Mumbai, D. G. Ruparel College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai (2nd year), Rachana Sansad Academy of Architecture (dropped)
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: High School
Cars: Audi A8
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: Home in Mumbai, India and a Villa in Sanctuary Falls in Jumeirah Golf Estates, Dubai
Movies: 10 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Applicable
Net Income: $36 million (estimate)
Film: Casablanca (1942)
Actor: Amitabh Bachchan and Raj Kapoor
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Her first commercial success was the Tamil romantic drama Jeans (1998), following which she achieved wider success and won two Best Actress awards at Filmfare for her performances in Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999) and Devdas (2002).
- She was awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2009.
- Aishwarya is a brand ambassador for several charity organisations and campaigns. She is a Goodwill Ambassador for the Joint United Nations Programme on AIDS (UNAIDS).
- In 2003, she was the first Indian actress to be a jury member at the Cannes Film Festival.
- In the 1994 Miss India pageant, she won second place and was crowned Miss India World, also bagging five other sub-titles, “Miss Catwalk”, “Miss Miraculous”, “Miss Photogenic”, “Miss Perfect Ten” and “Miss Popular”. She represented India in the Miss World Pageant, held that year in Sun City, South Africa and won the crown where she also won the “Miss Photogenic” award and “Miss World Continental Queen of Beauty − Asia and Oceania”.
- Rai performed together with Shahrukh Khan and Madhuri Dixit in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Devdas, a version of Sharat Chandra Chattopadhyay’s novel. The film was featured by Time in their listing of the “10 best films of the millennium” and it arose as a major international success with incomes of over ₹840 million. Devdas was chosen as India’s official entry for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film and also was nominated at the BAFTA Awards in the Best Foreign Language Film category. Devdas won 10 Filmfare Awards and there was another Best Actress award for Aishwarya Rai.
- Aishwarya Rai is an exceedingly popular international figure who has over 15000 websites devoted to her. In 2004, she was privileged with a wax figure in London’s Madame Tussaud’s wax museum.
- She is the only actress who endorsed both Pepsi and Coca-Cola. She models for Titan Watches, Longines watches, L’Oréal, Coca-Cola, Lakmé Cosmetics, Casio pager, Philips, Palmolive, Lux, Fuji films, Nakshatra Diamond Jewellery, and Kalyan Jewellers. She is the official brand ambassador for De Beers diamonds in India.
- She appeared on 60 Minutes (1968), Late Show with David Letterman (1993) and the most watched television program in the world: Oprah (1972). Her career included roles in The Mistress of Spices (2005), Provoked: A True Story (2006), Dhoom 2 (2006) and The Last Legion (2007) opposite Colin Firth and Sir Ben Kingsley and Steve Martin’s The Pink Panther 2 (2009).
- The film Jodhaa Akbar (2008) had gross earnings of ₹1.12 billion (US$17 million) and fetched Rai a Best Actress nomination at the Filmfare Awards ceremony.
- Aishwarya Rai performed with other Bollywood stars in 2005 at the HELP! Telethon Concert which was an event to raise money for the victims of the 2004 tsunami earthquake. She laid the foundation of a special school for underprivileged girls in Daulatpur village, Uttar Pradesh in 2008. She also appeared at the closing ceremony of the 2006 Commonwealth Games in Melbourne where the performance depicted Indian culture.
Featured Image: Aishwarya Rai in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
Featured Image Credit: Dharma Productions