Abhay Deol (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Abhay Deol is an Indian film actor and producer of Hindi language film and made his on screen debut in 2005 with Imtiaz Ali’s romantic comedy Socha Na Tha. His debut did averagely well but Deol was praised for his performances in films like Manorama Six Feet Under (2007), which won him the Best Actor Award at the Indo-American Arts Council Film Festival, and the commercially successful Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! (2008). He got the featuring role as Dev in Anurag Kashyap’s critically and commercially successful Dev.D, a modern-day adaptation of the Bengali classic novel Devdas and with the success of the film, Deol gained wider recognition and further praise from film critics.
Name: Abhay Singh Deol
Profession: Actor, Producer
DOB: March 15, 1976
Birth Place: Chandigarh, Punjab, India
Home Town: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Address: Municipal Industrial Estate, Off Dr. E. Moses Road, Worli, Mumbai
Best Friends: Sonam Kapoor
Hobbies: Painting, philosophy and journalism
Debut Work: Socha Na Tha (2005)
Movies: Happy Bhag Jayegi (2016), Snafu (2016), One By Two (2014), Raanjhanaa (2013), Chakravyuh (2012), Shanghai (2012), Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011),Aisha (2010)
TV Serials: Not Applicable
Height: 185 centimetres
Weight: 78 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 41 Inches, Waist Measurements: 33 Inches, Bicep Measurements: 13 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Wife: Not Applicable
GF: Preeti Desai (Model, Actress)
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: Late Ajit Singh Deol (Filmmaker, Actor)
Mother: Usha Deol
Brother/ Sister: None
School: Not Known
College (Graduation): University of Mumbai (dropout), The City College of New York (for acting & theatre)
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: High School
Cars: Mitsubishi Pajero SFX
Bikes: Not Known
House: House in Juhu, Mumbai and in Goa
Movies: 3 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Applicable
Net Income:$16 million (estimate)
Film: Bicycle Thieves (1948, Italian), Dr Strangelove (1964), Brazil (1985), Children of Heaven (1997), Star Wars
Actor: Salman Khan, Hrithik Roshan
Actress: Angelina Jolie
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Abhay Deol
- Deol starred in Zoya Akhtar’s Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, a road film that went to become one of the highest-grossing films in Bollywood. His presentation in the film was well received, and earned him his first nomination for Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor.
- Deol has appeared in several commercially successful films like Raanjhanaa (2013), Happy Bhag Jayegi (2016), while also occupied in independent films including the drama Road, Movie (2010) and Chakravyuh (2012).
- Deol is noticed for his portrayal of complex characters on screen, and is vocal in his support for parallel cinema in India. He has often been labelled as eccentric or an unconventional actor by Indian media.
- Deol owns a production company, Forbidden Films which was established in 2009.
- Deol is also an active philanthropist and supports various NGOs.
- He has appeared on the several magazine covers including the Man’s World and the Time Out Mumbai, with titles such as “The New Face of Indian Cinema”. In 2009, Deol was included in the list of Zoom’s “50 Most Desirable Hotties”, being placed seventh.
- Deol learned the Israeli martial art Krav Maga.
- He was producing a film that got shelved Forbidden Films “Junction” (2009) and starred Abhay Deol, Vidya Malvade, Shilpa Shukla, it was produced by Abhay Deol and Soumal Ganguly and directed by Atul Sabharwal.