PV Sindhu (Badminton Player) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
PV Sindhu is an Indian professional badminton player. She is presently world no 3 in the BWF World Ranking. She became the first Indian woman to win an Olympic silver medal at the 2016 Summer Olympics, and is one of the two Indian badminton players to ever win an Olympic medal. She was also a silver medalist at the 2017 BWF World Championships.
Name: Pusarla Venkata Sindhu
Profession: Indian Badminton player
DOB: July 5, 1995
Birth Place: Hyderabad, India
Home Town: Hyderabad, India
Home Address: Not Known
Best Friends: Not Known
Hobbies: Watching movies
Debut Work: 2009 Sub-Junior Asian Badminton Championships in Colombo
Coach: Pulella Gopichand
Height: 179 centimetres
Weight: 65 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Husband: Not Applicable
BF: Not Known
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: P. V. Ramana
Mother: P. Vijaya
School: Not Known
College (Graduation): St. Ann’s College for Women, Mehdipatnam
College (Post-Graduation): Not Known
Educational Qualification: Currently pursuing an MBA degree
Bikes: Not Known
House: Not Known
Net Income: 50 Crore rupees (estimate)
More Information and Facts about PV Sindhu
- In 2017, PV Sindhu became first Indian ever to win Korea Open Super Series.
- Sindhu came to international spotlight after reaching the top 20 of the BWF World Ranking in September 2012 at the age of 17.
- In 2013, she became the first ever Indian women’s singles player to win a medal at the Badminton World Championships.
- In March 2015, she was awarded the Padma Shri.
- PV Sindhu became the first Indian shuttler to reach the final of an Olympics badminton event and the youngest Indian to make a podium finish in an individual event at the Olympics after her silver medal win in the women’s singles event of the 2016 Summer Olympics.
- She is one among the top five shuttlers in women’s singles category.
- In the international circuit, Sindhu was a bronze medallist at the 2009 Sub-Junior Asian Badminton Championships held in Colombo.
- At the 2010 Iran Fajr International Badminton Challenge, she won the silver medal in the singles category.
- She reached the quarterfinals of the 2010 Junior World Badminton Championships in Mexico.
- PV Sindhu was a team member in India’s national team at the 2010 Uber Cup.
- Sindhu finished runner-up in the Syed Modi India Grand Prix Gold event held in Lucknow in December 2012, not losing a single set coming into the final. She reached her career best ranking of 15.
- She won Macau Open Grand Prix Gold in 2013, and was awarded the Arjuna Award by the Government of India.
- PV Sindhu was the Deputy Collector in Krishna District in the Chief Commissioner of Land Administration (CCLA) office under the Revenue Department of the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- In Dubai World Superseries Finals, she won the silver medal.